What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

2.4 300x300 Build Log -

locoeng

Hey all, exited to start this build. Going to share any changes I might make, likely wont be much if any. I reviewed all the Documentation/Design and the 2.4 looks to be a solid machine.
I built a Reprap Mendel long ago(the all-thread days) wasn't long after i built it, Joseph Prusa came up with the Prusa Mendel(2x Z motors), I upgraded to that iteration. I bought a metal lathe to make my own hot ends, then my interest shifted to machining. Dropped 3D printing all together. I now have small home machine shop no CNC all manual for now.
I bought myself a Ender 3 S1 for Christmas last year cause I wanted to print a few things to organize some machining related tools. And that lead me here, I'm sure you all know what I mean. :)

There have been a ton of changes since the last time I played in this arena. But I've kept up with electronic's micro-controllers and such. Already have an assortment of RPI's. I've been running GNU/Linux and the BSD's primarily for like 20 years, so I should be able to find my way around software/firmware stuff. i'm sure I'll have questions. I don't like Discord it's to busy for me, maybe I'll give it a go again, when I have questions I'll ask here or on Reddit.

Appreciate you all.

Ron

So far the build is going great!

messedup_motor_mount.jpg

Received my Misumi order. Something is missing, i got shorted 4x HFSB5-2929-480-LCP-RCP.

misumi_shortage.png

Some old parts with some new, boy things have changed.
Who remembers the Budaschnozzell and Sanguinololu?

old_new.jpg

Hey all, exited to start this build. Going to share any changes I might make, likely wont be much if any. I reviewed all the Documentation/Design and the 2.4 looks to be a solid machine.
I built a Reprap Mendel long ago(the all-thread days) wasn't long after i built it, Joseph Prusa came up with the Prusa Mendel(2x Z motors), I upgraded to that iteration. I bought a metal lathe to make my own hot ends, then my interest shifted to machining. Dropped 3D printing all together. I now have small home machine shop no CNC all manual for now.
I bought myself a Ender 3 S1 for Christmas last year cause I wanted to print a few things to organize some machining related tools. And that lead me here, I'm sure you all know what I mean. :)

There have been a ton of changes since the last time I played in this arena. But I've kept up with electronic's micro-controllers and such. Already have an assortment of RPI's. I've been running GNU/Linux and the BSD's primarily for like 20 years, so I should be able to find my way around software/firmware stuff. i'm sure I'll have questions. I don't like Discord it's to busy for me, maybe I'll give it a go again, when I have questions I'll ask here or on Reddit.

Appreciate you all.

Ron

So far the build is going great!

View attachment 1330

Received my Misumi order. Something is missing, i got shorted 4x HFSB5-2929-480-LCP-RCP.

View attachment 1332

Some old parts with some new, boy things have changed.
Who remembers the Budaschnozzell and Sanguinololu?

View attachment 1328
Ron we might be brothers in the multiunivese.......I just joined the forum today, my name is Rob (we missed by one letter there) , and my story is "almost " exactly the same as yours , same first two printer builds, and haven't really played with them again until a few months ago (aroun christmas) I needed to print a housing for a homemade DC speed controller I was adding to my lathe. I knew there were better options for 3d printers these days so I bought a Ender3 Pro, after simply wanting to add a BL Touch and the constant recompiling firmware, I ditched Marlin and found my way to Klipper firmware, added a hotbed mosfet, upgraded the extruder and enclosed it so I could print my original project part in ABS, then discovered Voron, just got my [Voron 2.4v2 300mm] extrusions in the other day and have most of my printed parts done, just need to make some final decisions on hotend, board etc and get the rest ordered...........If I know myself (and I do) I will never get around to printing the part that brought me back to 3D printers and this Voron Build will lead me into some other obsession, but there is just something about 3D printers that holds my interest (especially after discovering Klipper and being able to write custom macros, etc) its a little bit of everything I love, electronics, micro computers, micro controller, wiring , soldering, tuning, obsessing over tight tolerances, writing custom code etc. And just maybe every now and then actually printing something useful :). Enjoy the ride I will be following your build. I an not likely to start my own. By the way I got my Ender 3 pro making beautiful ABS prints at 150mm/sec 5000 Acceleration, with input shaping and pressure tuned you can really make this that ender3 scream and spit out the Voron parts in a hurry and still have great quality prints. I cant wait to see what the V2.4 can do. ~Rob