What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question 2nd Motor to mirror extruder motor motions?

Laserbea4k43

How hard would it be to write a script to allow a 2nd (bowden) extruder to mirror my main (stealthburner) extruder's movements at the same time?
Could I simply follow this?

How hard would it be to write a script to allow a 2nd (bowden) extruder to mirror my main (stealthburner) extruder's movements at the same time?
Could I simply follow this?
Several boards also have a dual output channel that allows you to two motors in parallel off of one driver. Not sure if you would ever need to run them independently, but if not, that may be a quick and easy solution. (I know that the Octopus boards definitely have this!)

Several boards also have a dual output channel that allows you to two motors in parallel off of one driver. Not sure if you would ever need to run them independently, but if not, that may be a quick and easy solution. (I know that the Octopus boards definitely have this!)
Oh crap! I've been planning to get started on this project today, as I'm finishing my 2.4V2 conversion(x rail) and TAP install!
Definitely looking into this! Thanks!

Hey Laser, I am curious what you are trying to accomplish? CW1 and CW2 have a lot of push/pull force.
I run a 4KG or 9LB spool on the back on my V2 with no problems.

Hey Laser, I am curious what you are trying to accomplish? CW1 and CW2 have a lot of push/pull force.
I run a 4KG or 9LB spool on the back on my V2 with no problems.
just need a little something to assist with getting TPU through the tube, since I'm not really keen on building a top-loading spool holder to warp my extrusions.
I thought about putting together a top-loader that stands itself up by the left and right bars on the top, but....nah

I see.
I had a printer dedicated to TPU but I didn't use it for a couple years so I got rid of it.

If you do get the duel motors setup, post some pics, would love to see it.

Sure. just need to take more time to figure out how the mirrored drivers connections work as @Dave mentioned.
Hopefully this weekend.

So, Finally got that bowden hooked up! It prints TPU lovely! The only problem is that it's using the same rotation distance settings as the SB, so it's actually spitting out extra filament. I'm printing a test cube and I've got at least 10 feet of TPU hanging off the side of the table....
My options are
  1. Design a gear system that will give the same rotational distance as the SB
  2. Just put the motor on a separate driver (it's on the Octopus' mirrored driver now) and configure the rotational distance(which i'll probably need to learn more about, since it's not connected to a hotend).
The later seems like the easier option. I'd consider the former if I can find the formulas for calculating the rotational distance etc for the bondtech gears and such.

What are the two extruders you have connected? Off the top of my head Bontech and CW2 is 50:10?

yep, so I didn't set the bondtech gear ratio on the 2nd because it's simply using a pulley to push the filament through. I've udated the rotation distance and it's looking a lot better. printing the 2nd cube now. I'm going to have to CAD a mount with a bowden tube connector though...

I’m having the same problem with pulling TPU through the Bowden tube. I’d be really interested in seeing what you’ve done. TBH everything about TPU is kicking my ass.

I've almost got it, but I've created more problems for myself while doing so. I'll report back once I've figured things out and can get back on task

OK sorry for the delay. the new motor came with the wrong connectors. I tried to make them work but it was too much work. got the right cables (i've damaged the connectors trying to recrimp before). and everything's working. I am calibrating the feed now

The feed hole from the filament to the mount did like the friction... a residue there was a residue buildup keeping the filament from flowing....
I bore a hole through with a slightly larger drill bit (no size markings on it, unfortunately). I will have to redesign the mount, But I'm still running a test cube.