What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Accelerations higher than input shaper suggested.

Velychkin

Printer Model
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I've got Voron 2.4 300. Input shaper recommendations are nearly 9k on X axis and 4.5 on Y axis. Max accelerations according to ellis3dp guide is 30k. Is it OK to use accelerations higher than 4.5k (for example 10-15k) for travel moves, infill or even inner walls?

Sure. The suggestions are just that "suggestions". As long as you're motors aren't skipping steps, feel free to test higher values. If you see a degradation in print quality or experience skips, turn the acceleration back down. I'm currently using 10k for travel moves, but I could likely bump this even higher -- I'm not particularly interested in pushing the absolute limits, myself.

Measured resonances, expecially when you measure them at right place like nozzle, are basically physical characteristic of your printer. Frame, motion system, assembly, etc. Best practice is to usually take recommended values from shaper and subtract some small value. Also, showing graphs would help gauge how good or bad your input shaper look.

Now that does not mean you cannot use 30k for acceleration. Prints just may look bad with lots of ghosting, At those accelerations you may also want to tweak other extruder parameters accordingly (Square Corner Velocity, Pressure Advance, Pressure Advance Smooth Time).

shaper_calibrate_x.pngshaper_calibrate_y.png

For now, I don't exceed recommended values for print moves. But for travel I use 7k accelerations as a final step to eliminate stringing with PETG (yes, I know about drying filament, retraction calibration, pressure advance calibration, disabling z-hop, etc - all of it is already done).

Do you have any suggestions what can I improve according to graphs?

The graphs should have a sharp well defined main peak. Your X chart looks good, but the Y is a bit wide, but not by much. Double check for anything loose at the ends of the X gantry where it connects to the side (Y) gantries. The Y axis has more mass attached to it, so it will have a lower natural frequency anyway. Also possible that your belts aren't quite tight enough.

This is mine: