What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

After klipper update no canbus anymore

Petar

Hi Guy's,
I did a complete update for the 2.4R yesterday which I regret
After flashing the firmware for the manta, I get the message that my SB2040 has old firmware.
I have flashed this and now it no longer recognizes my canbus
what am I doing wrong and how should I solve this to get my printer working
I'm slowly starting to get frustrated with klipper, with every update there are some problems

You most likely have to update/rebuild the firmware for the canbus setup like you did with the manta.

It's not every klipper update that requires rebuilding the firmware of your MCU's, but occasionally you will need to when something significant changes. Typically speaking, if there isn't some huge change that has been implemented in an update and my machine is running just fine, I won't update klipper.

You most likely have to update/rebuild the firmware for the canbus setup like you did with the manta.

It's not every klipper update that requires rebuilding the firmware of your MCU's, but occasionally you will need to when something significant changes. Typically speaking, if there isn't some huge change that has been implemented in an update and my machine is running just fine, I won't update klipper.
i did rebuild a new firmware for the canbus after that on my computer the red screen is gone and i have a blue screen now and cant connect

I don't remember if the device ID changes when flashing new firmware, but have you tried running lsusb to make sure the canbus board still has the same ID?

I don't remember if the device ID changes when flashing new firmware, but have you tried running lsusb to make sure the canbus board still has the same ID?
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1d50:614e OpenMoko, Inc. stm32g0b1xx
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1d50:606f OpenMoko, Inc. Geschwister Schneider CAN adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Device id definitely should not change. Also, lsusb is for, you know, usb. Not canbus

Device id definitely should not change. Also, lsusb is for, you know, usb. Not canbus
Whew, I should have caught that! I think I mixed them together from my recent experiences of moving away from canbus and over to USB for toolheads.

I found my problem
canbus speed is set to 10000000 and this should be 5000000
my problem is solved
there is an error in the description of mellow

I found my problem
canbus speed is set to 10000000 and this should be 5000000
my problem is solved
there is an error in the description of mellow
there's really not.There's no single right/wrong answer. the only really accurate statement is "set your canbus speed the same at both ends". Since you apparently have it set to 500000 on the pi, you then need it set the same on the toolhead

there's really not.There's no single right/wrong answer. the only really accurate statement is "set your canbus speed the same at both ends". Since you apparently have it set to 500000 on the pi, you then need it set the same on the toolhead
Im wondering how to change the speed in klipper or mcu