What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Anticipating arrival of V0.2 R1 kit, What can I print?

ac7ss

I have ordered a Formbot Voron 0.2 R1 kit through 3DPrintersOnline with the printed parts add on. Maybe not the best choice, but it worked for me.

What assistance parts should I print beforehand? Anti drop nut inserts seem to be the biggest helper but I am not sure if they include them. I am presuming that the holders/spacers for the linear rail nuts are included.

All of the builds I am seeing only install less than half the screws on the linear rails, is this just shortcutting, or is it the recommended path?

Anything else I can get ready with before hand? (I have parts trays and a clean workspace set up.)

Get some flat surface to square frame properly, it will really help. Like granite counter-top offcut, those seem to be popular. No Drop Nuts will be good idea regardless, because you may want to pre-load extra nut or two to places where it makes sense, for example to mount camera, chamber thermistor, different handles, or Nevermore/side fans. No drop nuts will prevent those from rattling while they are not yet used.

It's enough to use just every other hole, not much saving bolts, more like there are not strong forces going against it like with CNC for example.

Get some flat surface to square frame properly, it will really help. Like granite counter-top offcut, those seem to be popular. No Drop Nuts will be good idea regardless, because you may want to pre-load extra nut or two to places where it makes sense, for example to mount camera, chamber thermistor, different handles, or Nevermore/side fans. No drop nuts will prevent those from rattling while they are not yet used.

It's enough to use just every other hole, not much saving bolts, more like there are not strong forces going against it like with CNC for example.
Thanks for the reply.

I will print some anti drop and throw extra nuts in the frame. I think I have a thick tempered glass plate to use for flat. I can true everything up at work if not (we have a machine shop if I don't take too much time on it here.)

I saw some measuring jigs I can print that can make things quicker. I already have 1-2-3 blocks that I see can also help make things correct faster.