What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

bed mesh problem

Devis

Printer Model
voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
hello, I have by place built a voron 2.4,
and I have a problem with the plate mesh.
I've tried everything but I can't get a perfect first layer.
can anyone give me any advice?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-01 171134.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-01 171134.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 7
The bed seems to be under tension. You could do a "warm" and "cold" bed-mesh? If there is a big difference, it could be a problem within the aluminum, when there is material-tension from the production-process.

Is the bed fixed with all bolts? They should not be too tight, so the bed has room to expand when heated.

I tried adjusting the screws on the rails and the bed.
But I can't get a better result than this.
this and the cold plate

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-02 153727.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 153727.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 5
When the cold bed has a difference of 0.2mm it looks like it is deformed to me. The heated bed has only a difference of 0.1mm - which is much better, but it really looks like the aluminum is "working" too much, when heating up. I don't know if there is a typical fix for that. Maybe one of the veterans has an idea.

0.2 to 0.1 bed mesh is fine. I have a 350 and the mesh min-max is around 0.17mm and I get perfect 1st layers over the entire sheet.

What is your Print_start macro? Do you call the bed mesh at the start of the print?

You should have a:

BED_MESH_PROFILE LOAD=default

line in your macro - this assumes you have done a "save_config" after you ran a hot bed mesh.

Also - only 1 of the 4 bed screws should be tight. The others are to be snug so that the plate can float just a little when it warms up.