What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Blind guy looking for help with specific parts to print for an LDO build with Revo?

Printer Model
Voron 0.1
Hi everyone!

Got some help over on reddit in the Voron sub and it was suggested I perhaps post here.

So, I'm planning to get a LDO 0.1 kit and the supplier has very kindly indeed, said they'd build it for me, no charge! Love this community, it's amazing. I am blind, as I said in the title, therefore an independent build, though possible with remote assistance, is going to be an exercise in frustration. I think I could probably do some of the mechanical aspects but the electronics would always be too much for me.

I need to print the parts for the build, was thinking Fillamentum extra fill aluminium ASA, with a space grey frame. I went onto the Voron get Get Hub but was rather bemused by the number of parts. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to perhaps make a folder of all the parts I need to print, including optionals and then I can download the lot in one? At the moment they are just names and I don't really have the reference.

I'm going to be using a raspberry pi zero 2 w, this LDO kit is the latest one, I believe, and it has the micro Revo hot end. There are a couple of pointers here:

if that is any help.

I'm going to be printing the parts out on a bambu X1. Is ASA okay, and will the Bambu X1 be okay to do it on, assuming flow calibration dials in the ASA okay? I've seen that there are a couple of profiles, one for Prusa and one for Super Slicer, essentially the same thing I guess...

Any help at this stage would be much appreciated.

I did also notice there is mention of main colour and accent colour so, if anyone does me the kindness of packaging up the files, including number of required parts in the title, it would be amazing if they could also indicate which are the accent colour pieces?

My apologies for this big ask. I'd really like to have at least some hand in putting this printer together rather than asking someone to run off the parts for me. I'm sure you understand...

Ollie

Welcome to the forum! I believe I was the first to recommend the forum to you, I hope you find it useful. And ASA is perfectly fine for building a Voron, some people even prefer it instead of ABS.

Welcome to the forum! I believe I was the first to recommend the forum to you, I hope you find it useful. And ASA is perfectly fine for building a Voron, some people even prefer it instead of ABS.
Thank you for the recommendation and clarifying ASA is workable. I've never printed ABS but have fed my Prusa and X1 a lot of ASA so at least I'm not messing about with a new material..

Ollie, What part of the world are you in? Perhaps we can find you a "build-buddy" that is close enough to help with the parts that present a challenge. This might be an opportunity for the Voron team to consider adding braille or other tactile marking to parts to assist the sight-challenged community!