What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Can someone help me understand "Event Delay" param for filament motion sensor

DanPin

I have had prints run fine over more than 24hrs.
Today I had a filament motion pause and was looking at my settings.

Two things I don't understand.

#event_delay: 3.0# The minimum amount of time in seconds to delay between events.# Events triggered during this time period will be silently# ignored. The default is 3 seconds.
I can see this for the filament switch sensor, but not for the motion sensor. What does it do for the motion sensor.
#2 detection_length: 7.0 # The minimum length of filament pulled through the sensor to trigger# a state change on the switch_pin# Default is 7 mm.
My BTT v2 sensor says 2.88mm of filament per pulse. I don't see how klipper knows about this value.
Here are my current settings:
[filament_motion_sensor SFS_MOTION]
detection_length: 15.00 ; This can be adjusted to your desired level of sensitivity. 10 is a recommended value to prevent flow dropoff false triggers.
extruder: extruder
switch_pin: ^PG10
pause_on_runout: True ; This can be set to false to debug false positives putting the sensor in "monitor mode". The printer will not pause but it will run the runout_gcode below.
event_delay: 10.0
pause_delay: 0.5
runout_gcode:
M117 Filament motion stopped!

Thanks,

Dan