What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Exhaust Fan Macro

uanbletoconnect

Hello! Its great to see some forums for the Vorons.

I'm constantly switching between PLA and ABS. Currently the exhaust fan is set to run for 5 minutes at the end of the print. Is there anyway to make it somewhat smarter and only run if i've printed in abs?

I'm sure I once spotted a macro that does this, however google is failing me today.

I've updated my print_start and print_end macros to take a chamber temp parameter. Then in my SuperSlicer filament definition I set either chamber temp of 0 for PLA or other filament no needing an enclosed temp, or the target temp (e.g., 30C for ABS). Then the print_start will do a heat soak pause until the chamber is to temp. Likewise, if print_end gets a temp, it will activate the exhaust fan until it hits a target temp (I have mine set to 25C).

Instead of (or along with) using the chamber temp, SuperSlicer also has the [filament_type] variable, which you can pass to your PRINT_END

I forgot to mention, I do that as well. I use it as a check vs what the printer thinks it has loaded & yells at me if I have a mismatch. Trying to print a part sliced for ABS with PLA loaded would suck for example.

I forgot to mention, I do that as well. I use it as a check vs what the printer thinks it has loaded & yells at me if I have a mismatch. Trying to print a part sliced for ABS with PLA loaded would suck for example.
How does the printer know what it has loaded? Do you store the filament type from the previous print?

How does the printer know what it has loaded? Do you store the filament type from the previous print?
Yes, I have some macros to store a list of predefined filaments and the current filament in a saved variable. I have a load macro where I can set the filament or default to the current saved one. In SuperSlicer I pass the filament it sliced for as a parameter. Then in print_start it compares what the sliced file is expecting to print vs what the printer has been told is loaded and throws an error message if there's a mismatch. I should probably revise it to fail out rather than just yell at me & keep going.