What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Filament battles - What is you experience with Fillamentum ASA?

Oberon

What has been your experience with printing both for and on your voron.

Do you like the color selection?

Does it print well?

Any special considerations?

Is it worth the price?

I've made my 2.4 in Fillamentum ASA in early 2020 and kept using that material ever since. Very good adhesion on my powder-coated PEI plate.

My understanding is that it is less available / more expensive on the other side of the pond but here in western Europe it's among the cheaper ASA brands hovering around 28€/kg which makes it 45% more expensive than the cheapest ABS. If it were more on par with ABS prices I would use only this ASA, it's very consistent and doesn't smell at all.

Printing it at 260C hotend, 100C bed, 30% cooling on an afterburner with 50C ambient temp. Probably could get the cooling down a bit. Speeds are based on a tuned up Ellis profile, 100-300mm/s speed, 4000-12'000mm/s^2 accelerations.

+ consistent
+ cheap, made in Europe
+ comes in re-sealable coated bags, didn't need to dry before first use and easier to keep dry afterwards
+ matte-ish colors (not as matte as in the photos once you increase the temperature high enough to get good interlayer adhesion, but still not shiny)
+ nice (personal), consistent colors
+ almost always available when I needed some
- no spool-less (masterspool) offer
- still too expensive compared to ABS

Last edited: