What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Formbot

TBF, all the kit makers do this. Fysetc is the only one I've seen so far that said: "Hey, there is a difference between the 'official' manual and some parts we swapped in, so follow this when you get to such and such"

LDO didn't even make mention of huge detours from the 'official' manual, the wiring is an entire site that is, in my case, only mentioned when I started asking basic questions about lack of SSR and why the instructions on the official voron site have you using it when LDO doesn't include it.

While a major gripe to me, others seem to know this information like they were born with it and act like you have second head growing when you ask.

But that is what happens when there are so many forks to projects, and github is used to consolidate the information - hint, github is not really made for this type of dissemenation.

Overall though, building these little machines is quite fun. I just wish the information was edited and curated a tad bit better, and wasn't different based on what day of the week you bought your parts.
I completely sympathize with how you feel, but I’m trying to just accept this is the world of “open source”. Its the wild wild west.

Hey guys, I will start here with my first question.
What did you all replaced over the time on your formbot Voron 2.4 R2?

I will start to build in 1-2 Months and also searching for interesting mods.

Would be awesome to learn from your experience.
I would definitely upgrade the drag chains wouldn’t even bother with the stock one while your building the printer is the best time to upgrade these so you don’t have to deal with the wiring securement a second time.

I would definitely upgrade the drag chains wouldn’t even bother with the stock one while your building the printer is the best time to upgrade these so you don’t have to deal with the wiring securement a second time.
The cable chain that came with my Formbot kit, purchased at the end of Nov 2022 are good quality and have been running well. I can't think of anything that would be better, other than going to CAN and eliminating them. I am moving towards installing CAN, but the Formbot kit is working fine with their supplied wire harness and cable chains.

I just ordered my formbot 300x300 kit yesterday. I also went ahead and ordered the prints I'd need from Etsy. I have an ender 5 pro currently, and while its a great little printer, I would like to work with some of the more exotic materials, and for that, I want an enclosure. Perhaps with the formbot I can print the corexy mods for the ender 5, lol.

On a side note: Anyone who's ordered recently, how was your shipping time? I'm in the US, and ordered from the China warehouse.

I just received my Voron 2.4 kit and now I'm waiting for my printed parts.
While I do so: what are your experiences with the included build plate? I just ran my hand over it and could feel some ridges between the "lap-lanes". Is that a problem? Is it normal? Or should i go directly for a high-quality plate?

Just ordered a 2.4R2 (350mm) from voronkits.com, which are formbot kits, and found that the baseplate was an ACM panel! Kinda cool to find that buried in the package. The rest of the kit resembled the 300mm kit I bought from them back in November 2022, though this one had the parts for a stealthburner instead of afterburner.

They also included the injection molded parts for the exhaust this time as well.

Edit: And the sticker on the bed indicated the flatness of being no greater than .1 so I will probably do a bed mesh before adding the magnet to check it out.

I recently bought a Voron 2.4 on Formbot3d.com. However, when checking out I noticed there was no solid option for using a credit card. But when using the PayPal tab it gave me an option for a credit card. So I filled it in and finalized the order. Since then (last Wednesday) it has been stuck on "Awaiting Confirm Payment". Is this normal? On their side it is pending but the money has already been taken out on my side. Please help, I've tried contacting their support but the time zones makes it soo frustrating. The last reply told me to go ahead and cancel the order, however then the money might be lost (I have no idea where it is rn). If you have bought from Formbot before plz tell me if this is normal...thanks!

Hey all, I built a 350mm Formbot kit probably a couple months ago and overall it's been great, however I've been having one nagging issue I've been struggling to figure out. I opted for the Dragon HF hotend option. The issue I'm having is that if the part cooling fan is enabled, nearly at all (25%+ for sure) the hotend can't keep up and the printer stops with the "not heating at expected rate" error. The one question I've had since the build is what's the correct printhead for the Phateus Dragon? Forbot shipped the Phaeus "Dragon Hotend HF", however that doesn't match Stealthburner Dragon STLs which appear to be for the "Phaetus x Voron Dragon" Hotend with the 4 screw mount at the top rather than the printhead clamping around the hotend.

I ended up printing/using the revo_six_and_v6 printhead, but I'm wondering if that's not right and that the exhaust vents are too high relative to the nozzle (ie blowing on the hotend rather than the part). I do have the silicone sock installed. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hey all, I built a 350mm Formbot kit probably a couple months ago and overall it's been great, however I've been having one nagging issue I've been struggling to figure out. I opted for the Dragon HF hotend option. The issue I'm having is that if the part cooling fan is enabled, nearly at all (25%+ for sure) the hotend can't keep up and the printer stops with the "not heating at expected rate" error. The one question I've had since the build is what's the correct printhead for the Phateus Dragon? Forbot shipped the Phaeus "Dragon Hotend HF", however that doesn't match Stealthburner Dragon STLs which appear to be for the "Phaetus x Voron Dragon" Hotend with the 4 screw mount at the top rather than the printhead clamping around the hotend.

I ended up printing/using the revo_six_and_v6 printhead, but I'm wondering if that's not right and that the exhaust vents are too high relative to the nozzle (ie blowing on the hotend rather than the part). I do have the silicone sock installed. Any thoughts? Thanks!
thats not right. You can remove the groove mount ring with two screws from the heatsink side. Once the groovemount ring is removed, you should use the Dragon HF stls from the printhead repo.

I just want to chime in, that FB 0.2 kit bolts seem to be from very soft steel. It's easy to strip them - both thread and hex socket in head. Especially M2s are sensitive to it. If you can, buy more quality M2 bolts from local supplier.

thats not right. You can remove the groove mount ring with two screws from the heatsink side. Once the groovemount ring is removed, you should use the Dragon HF stls from the printhead repo.
Thanks for the reply, yeah that was my problem, reprinted the right printhead and installed the Dragon correctly and everything's working as expected.

Thanks!

I would be very interested to see how others have managed wiring on their Formbot 2.4? Just got mine together, powered on, and no smoke! But the wiring is currently a mess.

Mine also came with a BBT Pi, capable of running on 24v, so I am thinking of eliminating the dedicated 5v power supply.

I have a question about the v0 extrusions. The extrusions don't match the manual extrusions. There are 5 units of 100mm but none of them is type "F" or "G", they all have 1 hole drilled 7.5 from the end. Any idea if this is how it should be and where can I find matching frame instructions for the kit?

I have a question about the v0 extrusions. The extrusions don't match the manual extrusions. There are 5 units of 100mm but none of them is type "F" or "G", they all have 1 hole drilled 7.5 from the end. Any idea if this is how it should be and where can I find matching frame instructions for the kit?

I'm sure you have found the answer elsewhere already, but the G extrusion is for the non-kirigami bed, the ones you have should be "K" extrusions for the tophat.

I completely sympathize with how you feel, but I’m trying to just accept this is the world of “open source”. Its the wild wild west.
For sure it is a bit crazy. I try and redocument as I go, and keep a copy local for the next time. But sometimes it is a one-off procedure, or a printer I'm only building one of. So, those times I just make a mental note (that I end up forgetting) and try to do it right the next time.

And this is most definitely not how open source is done. These guys started using sites made to track software and use it for hardware, you think they are smart enough to read how they are supposed to be doing it? Not that Git was good for software before, SVN still beats it in my book, but it is miserable now.