What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Gaps between walls and infill

Laserbea4k43

Hi,
I'm working on Ellis' Extrusion Multiplier, tuning my 2.4 and learning SuperSlicer at the same time. I've started with 91-98% and I'm sure the fact that the gaps between my walls and infill being enormous has nothing to do with EM.
Does anyone know what this could be?
I've created an album here

I want to say, post all your settings but that is a lot. Judging by those pics that is a major issue.
Did you go through the entire tuning guide? What about importing his profile then tweaking it to your printer?

I've started from the beginning and have gotten here
I've imported his settings, only changing them when the guide says to do so. We both have a 2.4 350. There hasn't been anything obvious that I'd need to modify.

Normal printing looks okay?

What slicer were you using before and did prints look okay?

I ask only because I have seen some slicers make my prints look like shit and just using a different one helped.

I've always gotten by with Cura.
I've recently run into a problem where I thought I was having layer shifts, but the shifts were supported. So it was a good excuse to jump on the SuperSlicer bandwagon, in my mind.
I've only printed Pressure advance tests, and first layer tests, aside from the set in that album, but they were fine (maybe even impressive). I must have messed up some parameter....

I've used Ellis' default PIF .ini and printed a test cube.
The results were...interesting :ROFLMAO:
I've added the results to my album.
The Cube in the middle is the one made with Ellis' SS profile.
The others were made with Cura.
The left and middle are the same Paramount3D ABS. The one on the right is Polymaker ASA.
IMG_20230114_025018440.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, well there is your answer, don't use his profile. Maybe if I get time I will post mine here but it is setup for .6 nozzle.

Or what I would do is just open each slicer and go there and mimic the settings from the good slicer into the new one. In fact I have done that from SS to Cura to get good results.

Wow, well there is your answer, don't use his profile. Maybe if I get time I will post mine here but it is setup for .6 nozzle.

Or what I would do is just open each slicer and go there and mimic the settings from the good slicer into the new one. In fact I have done that from SS to Cura to get good results.
I'll definitely give that a shot, now that I know it can be done.

Only because it happened to me, make sure your pressure advance isn't off by a factor of 10. In my case, I got results similar to yours when I mistakenly put in a PA of 0.65 instead of 0.065

Oh yes it was missing a zero in there :p

Also just wanted to say I've been using Ellis' profiles for a little while and thery're great on my 2.4, so it's definitely not an issue with his work.

My PA is .35 right now.... I'll look into that
If it makes you feel any better, I’ve pulled that trick as well and it took me about a day to figure out what was going on.

Also, as a point of information, unless you are printing stupid fast or through a fire-hose nozzle, you can usually leave your PA at 0.04 and not worry about it. I always tuned PA, and I was talking with Doc on discord, and he casually just said that he never tuned PA. I was intrigued, but I looked back at my configs, and all of them were either 0.04 or 0.045. So I stopped tuning PA. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve pulled that trick as well and it took me about a day to figure out what was going on.

Also, as a point of information, unless you are printing stupid fast or through a fire-hose nozzle, you can usually leave your PA at 0.04 and not worry about it. I always tuned PA, and I was talking with Doc on discord, and he casually just said that he never tuned PA. I was intrigued, but I looked back at my configs, and all of them were either 0.04 or 0.045. So I stopped tuning PA. :)
Yeah it was something I probably would never have really noticed until I read the tuning guide.