What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Heated bed is wobbly, is this normal? [video]

DarkMatter

Printer Model
Voron v0.1
Cooling Type
Afterburner
Hey community, I have a Voron 0.1 which I love, however I noticed the bed is not sturdy and moves considerably if I push or pull the left/right side of the bed.

Not that I like to do that but that seems to be the reason that it gets out of calibration every now and then.

My questions are:
1- is this normal and happens to other too? 🤔
2- What could be reason behind it and how can I minimize OR fix it?

Hey there, thanks for your comment.

How many printing hours has your machine accrued?

Total print time is : 184h 42m 55s

this is a Form Bot kit V0.1 that I built about 2 years ago.
Honestly I am not sure bed was this loose from the beginning or happened over time and I just noticed it recently 🤷‍♂️

I feel maybe something wrong with the Anti-Backlash Nut? but not sure really what could be main reason behind it.

I feel maybe something wrong with the Anti-Backlash Nut?
So after only 50 hours on my LDO kit, I found that my Z threaded rod had completely destroyed the threads on my anti-backlash nut, to the point where my bed would actually fall to the bottom. This was kinda shocking to me, especially considering the LDO threaded rods are PTFE-coated...

I know it's not particularly fun, but might be worth a partial disassembly to check out those threads, as well as anything else that might be loose.

What we see is a typical deformable parallelogram. Retighten everything between the two linear rails carriages. In particular the eight M2 screws.
The leadscrew has nothing to do with this.