What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Is a Raspberry 3B+ needed or can I get away with just the 3B?

Nizztos

Given that it is "impossible" to get a Raspberry (at least at a reasonable price) I'm wondering if I can get away with my existing Raspberry 3B at least to begin with until the 3B+ or 4 are back in stock? As far as I can tell the only relevant difference between the 3B and 3B+ is the clock speed. Or is there also something else that is needed?

Klipper’s recommended hardware lists RPi 2, RPi 3, or RPi 4 so you should be good to go with or without “+”.

Source:
Klipper3D.org FAQ
Thanks!
Now that you posted this it is sort of obvious that I could have gotten the information there but I'm still to new to this to make the mental leaps needed to know where to look for information. Appreciate that you did the work for me.

Thanks!
Now that you posted this it is sort of obvious that I could have gotten the information there but I'm still to new to this to make the mental leaps needed to know where to look for information. Appreciate that you did the work for me.
Most all of us have been where you are now. There is a lot to take in. Check out the Voron channel on Discord. You can often get answers in minutes. (Of course, discord have its own learning curve)