What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

KAMP voron purge or line purge will not work with tap for some reason

Weazel14

I just built my first voron 2.4 r2 using the formbot kit. I immediately upgraded to Tap and installed KAMP. I started using superslicer and I can get the adaptive mesh running but when I try the Voron_Purge or Line_purge.cfg I get the dreaded error of not being able to extrude because I am below extruding temp. How do I get the slicer or my print.cfg to go to printing temperature before it does the purge?

This is what I have in superslicer start gcode:

; M190 S0
; M109 S0 ; uncomment to remove set&wait temp gcode added automatically after this start gcode
m117
print_start EXTRUDER={first_layer_temperature[initial_extruder] + extruder_temperature_offset[initial_extruder]} BED=[first_layer_bed_temperature] CHAMBER=[chamber_temperature]

and here is what I have for my start_gcode macro:

[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode:
G32 ;home all zxes
G90 ;absolute positioning
G1 Z20 F3000 ;move nozzle away from bed
BED_MESH_CLEAR
BED_MESH_CALIBRATE
VORON_PURGE
#LINE_PURGE

Thank you in advance for any and all help!!!!

Can you post rest of the macros? Or better yet whole printer.cfg? I don't see how you set up QGL and Tap macros. I also don't see how you pass variables from slicer. Most probably it is because for Tap, you set temperature to 150 degrees, but in your PRINT_START there is no command to get to actual hot temperature when you start VORON_PURGE. That's why I need whole configuration.

If this is your first time dealing with Klipper, rather start step by step. First get configuration properly working without KAMP. Once you have properly understood how PRINT_START and other macros work and how to pass variables from slicer, add KAMP there. Don't do it all at once.

I also installed the btt ebb sb2209 kit for canbus. Here is my whole printer.cfg and for the KAMP.cfg i used all the standard files for all .cfg files in the KAMP github.

Attachments

• Printercfg.txt
    29 KB · Views: 40
I will try the 3 lines from Ellis guide pages for superslicer and see if that works when I finish up my print I started. I will let you know what happens. Thank you.

I will try the 3 lines from Ellis guide pages for superslicer and see if that works when I finish up my print I started. I will let you know what happens. Thank you.
Yeah, you need to tell print_start macro actual temperatures to heat up nozzle and bed. Tap heats or cools it down to 150 only not to damage surface, but you are not setting print temperatures before you do purge. It tries to purge at 150 which is below minimal extrude temp.

Thank you all for the help. I now have tap temp set to 150 and bed to temp before doing my start routines, also after probing and before purging I have it hotend heating to temp then purge and print. Thank you all again for the help. I have had a little experience with klipper not much but with just a little direction I have been figuring it out. The only reason I started with all the upgrades right off the bat was to avoid tearing stuff down just to rebuild it. I have already had tap fall apart and had to figure out why but it has been an awesome experience.

Thank you all for the help. I now have tap temp set to 150 and bed to temp before doing my start routines, also after probing and before purging I have it hotend heating to temp then purge and print. Thank you all again for the help. I have had a little experience with klipper not much but with just a little direction I have been figuring it out. The only reason I started with all the upgrades right off the bat was to avoid tearing stuff down just to rebuild it. I have already had tap fall apart and had to figure out why but it has been an awesome experience.
Glad you fixed it! Hehe upgrades and mods can be such rabbit hole 😃 But as long as you are enjoying it.

Klipper can have a pretty steep learning curve, it's much more involved to set it up, because at the beginning all is foreign to you, and there are so many ways to do one thing ...

I'm having similar issues and I can't seem to get my extruder to heat to the purge or print temp before purging and receive the error message "Extruder below min temp". I run Voron Tap and have tried PrusaSlicer and SuperSlicer with the changes suggested. I can heat my extruder manually and run the macro Voron Purge with no issues, I just can't seem to get the code right to heat the extruder after mesh calibration and before purge. Any tips?

I'm having similar issues and I can't seem to get my extruder to heat to the purge or print temp before purging and receive the error message "Extruder below min temp". I run Voron Tap and have tried PrusaSlicer and SuperSlicer with the changes suggested. I can heat my extruder manually and run the macro Voron Purge with no issues, I just can't seem to get the code right to heat the extruder after mesh calibration and before purge. Any tips?
Did you try ellis printing guide for setting up superslicer with the correct start gcode?

I had the same issues, for me it was the commented out lines in the slicer gcode section, apparently klipper doesn't recognise the ; comment and executes what is on the line consequently running unwanted commands which led to it trying to extrude whilst still at 150C. Remove all comments from the slicer.