What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Klicky probe

Rhastlyn

New member
Maybe it already exists or is in progress elsewhere but it would be nice to see a ‘tips for success in the build and installation’, ‘maintenance’, and ‘what can go wrong or common failure modes’.
 

JosAr

Moderator
Staff member
Voron Owner
That's not a bad idea, part of that is scattered on the github and various guides, i'll try to group that.
 

raymond

New member
The Klicky NG absolutely does need glue, unfortunately.

I've built about six so far. Three failed on me. The two parts holding the microswitch in place start to drift apart after about 100ish print hours. The self-tapping screws just don't cut it

I ended up making some new NG probes and using Loctite Super Glue Gel and so far it hasn't failed for me in 200ish hours.
 
UNKlicky is absolutely the move. The accuracy with the magnet vs the switch is crazy. I was going to do an Unklicky z-endstop, but they announced TAP right before I started!
 

bigsub

New member
Hello everyone, I just printed klicky-ng for a 2.4 (v1), but reading here...mmmhhhh....I'm in doubt which version using.
 

maz

Moderator
Voron Owner
The Klicky NG absolutely does need glue, unfortunately.

I've built about six so far. Three failed on me. The two parts holding the microswitch in place start to drift apart after about 100ish print hours. The self-tapping screws just don't cut it

I ended up making some new NG probes and using Loctite Super Glue Gel and so far it hasn't failed for me in 200ish hours.

The screws loosening sounds like stresses in the print, which I can honestly say haven't occured on my beta NG which did about 800ish hours combined at close to 70C including 36 hours of continuous probe calibrate dock undock cycles during the testing phase. It would probably still be in the printer if I wasn't already running TAP. (Well the microswitch would probably have died by now to be fair :p)
 

JosAr

Moderator
Staff member
Voron Owner
Tried to improve that, the latest KlickyNG microswitch version has extra plastic to increase the screw strength.

1669204836245.png
 

MrTeliP

Member
I looked at the CAD for Klicky. Didn't trust it. That's why I designed my own that uses OTS hardware, solder connections, and screws. No glue. I use it on my Trident. Works great. Maybe I'll release it if there's any interest.

Showing you guys the CAD because the prototype I have in my printer is beat to hell from testing, crashing it, burning it with the hotend, sometimes intentionally...sometimes not, but it works.

MyKlicky1.PNG MyKlicky2.PNG MyKlicky3.PNG
 

MrTeliP

Member
I looked at the CAD for Klicky. Didn't trust it. That's why I designed my own that uses OTS hardware, solder connections, and screws. No glue. I use it on my Trident. Works great. Maybe I'll release it if there's any interest.

Showing you guys the CAD because the prototype I have in my printer is beat to hell from testing, crashing it, burning it with the hotend, sometimes intentionally...sometimes not, but it works.

View attachment 510 View attachment 511 View attachment 512
You can kind of see it in the background here.
 
Top