What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LDO Trident POM nut ground down

this is unfortunately a known issue with some of the ptfe coated lead screws that were used in V0.2-s1 and trident kits. Im not sure what causes it but i do know that Jason and the LDO team is aware and have gone through some revisions to the nuts. Personally i dont think its related to nevermore but its an interesting theory.

The current Fix from ldo is using new revised material Peek nuts. If anyone in usa needs these we have a few sets at our warehouse and are more than happy to send them over regardless of if the kits were ordered from us 😊 just send us a message in our webchat https://www.fabreeko.com/

We also have ldo uncoated v0.2 lead screw motors with brass nuts for those who really don’t want to take a chance on it happen again.

So far the feedback from the new nuts has been positive and they seems to solve it permanently
That's some good information. Do you know of anyone in Canada that would have the revised version of the lead screw nuts? I'm pretty sure i'm going to be going through my second set of pom nuts with less than 400 hours of printing. definitely seeing particles from wear on the nuts building up after each print.

I've tried looking for them but can't find a reliable source.

That's some good information. Do you know of anyone in Canada that would have the revised version of the lead screw nuts? I'm pretty sure i'm going to be going through my second set of pom nuts with less than 400 hours of printing. definitely seeing particles from wear on the nuts building up after each print.

I've tried looking for them but can't find a reliable source.
im not sure but maybe try reaching out to sparta 3d they are an LDO reseller in CA and might have some spare parts for you.

Contact your reseller that you purchased the kit from and they should be able to coordinate a warranty swap. Or reach out to @rebecayang_1 (RebecaYangFromLDO) on the Voron Discord in the #ldo-motors channel.

LDO has been replacing defective teflon coated steppers w/ POM nuts with new stainless steel steppers that have PEEK leadscrew nuts.