What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

MCU 'mcu' shutdown: ADC out of range

Moofy

any help or direction welcome. wires checked and look good. 350 self source build.

Klipper reports: SHUTDOWN

MCU 'mcu' shutdown: ADC out of range
This generally occurs when a heater temperature exceeds
its configured min_temp or max_temp.
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
"FIRMWARE_RESTART" command to reset the firmware, reload the
config, and restart the host software.
Printer is shutdown

Is it completely new build running for the first time, or was it running before? That's very important information. You went through this https://docs.vorondesign.com/build/software/configuration.html#updating-printer-specific-settings and Initial Setup in following chapter already or not?
ADC out of range is when thermistor does not report temperature back. It can have various reasons, wrong definition, not connected, broken wire, short.
new build self sourced. wires checked. went thru config but missing something i do have klippy log and my printer cfg file avalable

new build self sourced. wires checked. went thru config but missing something i do have klippy log and my printer cfg file avalable
Can you upload Klippy log here?
What thermistor do you have on your bed and hotend? Do they match definition in your printer.cfg?

not totally sure thermstor on heat bed the hotend is a revo 1st gen set this is a freash log

Attachments

• klippy (4).log
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
What MCU do you have? Probably some Octopus but I am not sure.
Thermistor definitions seem to be OK, can you show photos of your MCU showing all connectors?
Look at pinout for the board and make sure thermistors are plugged into connectors corresponding to pins you have defined in your printer.cfg. Since I do not know exactly which MCU you have I am not able to give you link to pinout document.
Have you checked continuity throughout whole path - from beginning of wire when you unplug it from MCU, to the very end? Have you measured resistance of thermistor?

Octopus 1.1 used the voron 2.4 config file and figured out how to set for 350 build would it kill machine if I plugged spare thermistors into the main board and set them in config to see if there is a wire issue

I bought two Revos as soon as they came out. They both worked for a while but then had thermistor problems (the resistance would suddenly get lower or higher looking like a really fast temperature change) that would cause the ADC error. I ended up getting two replacement heater/thermistor combos, and they’ve been working well since.

So it could be your Revo. One way to test is to plug a 100k resistor (or different thermistor) into the harness instead of the revo’s thermistor. DON’T turn on your heater if you do this - it will heat up without any temperature regulation and could cause big problems.)

Now run some code to jerk the carriage around (you’re trying to find an intermittent connection in your wiring). The waveform should stay flat around 20-25°C. If you get a glitch, the problem is probably in your wiring. If you don’t, the Revo is the likely culprit.