What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Mgn9 rail

leeharper1

Morning,
Having issues with my tap install, I was getting good accuracy results in the beginning but then noticed some printing errors. I noticed the head had movement side to side. I voynd the bolts holding the 50mm rail had worked loose, tightened them back up then after a couple of prints it was loose again. I thought the inserts were pulling through but they were good, again retightened but now loose again. Has any body else had issues like this or is it just me

I haven't had any issues with TAP on my 2.4 or Trident, but I did use a small drop of blue loctite on the screws holding that rail in. You might want to add some if you haven't, or reapply if you did.

One other thing: make sure you installed the heatset insert in correctly. They are specifically called out in the manual (page 23-24) as being installed a different way than you might think.

Hi, have just looked at the manual again just to make sure I didn't mess up as it certainly wouldn't be the first time 😄 but all looks good good shout about the thread lock I will give that a go .. Thanks