What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Omron inductive probe accuracy

lawson.brian

Printer Model
SwitchWire
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi All,

I am having some challenges with my Switchwire's Omron inductive probe / mesh. Now, I have to confess I do not know if this probe is an OEM component or a ripoff part but it looks genuine (has a black wiring outer sheeth if that helps).

Now, I am getting some inconsistent results when probing and the results point to it possibly being elsewhere and not just the probe.

This testing was run with a cold printer (23 deg c).
If I home the printer i can then do a probe accuracy test and it will give a consistant result i.e 8-9 out of 10 are the same.
If I run a mesh then the probe will have challenges with the first series of 3 per probe point on a lot of the 6x6 mesh and then come back with a successful second set of 3 on retry. This is on two different beds (i.e I used the I3 MK3 as well as a new PEI spring steel bed)
From the looks and consistency it looks as much like a motion problem (i.e on each move it is having a challenge with that probe point) as a probe issue.

To diagnose, I increaded the stepper current on the base config file from LDO from a run current of 0.5 to 0.7 to see if that maybe the problem on X and Z. I also tightened the belts.

This is my last set of tests prior to heading to a test print so wanted to see if there is a fix / somewhere to look.
Frame is possibly LDO - looking at the way it was anodized after being tapped.
Steppers are LDO
Rails are LDO
Belts are gates
Bed is PRUSA MK52 with MK3 top and I also tested a different PEI bed.
Motion prints are the originals I received when purchasing this second hand in parts - dont look too bad. Bearings all feel ok / turn freely.

Has anyone else come across this issue on the Switchwire?

cheers