What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Printed parts Differences between MGN9 and MGN12?

EvilleRock

Printer Model
Voron V2.4 r1+
Extruder Type
Clockwork 1
Cooling Type
Afterburner
As part of my TAP adventure, I need to replace the MGN9 on the X-Axis with MGN12. It appears that some parts of the Left & Right XY Joints need to be replaced. Is there any information on exactly what parts need to printed for this change? Is there a list of printed part differences between r1 & r2?

Edit: Just to be clear - I'm building the StealthBurner / ClockWork-2 to replace Afterburner / ClockWork-1 and TAP which will replace x-carriage. I think I'm OK with all that. Just wondering about any other 'gotcha's in the conversion.

I'm fearful of finding out I have to print more parts after I begin the change and have no way to print. TIA

Edit: Pretty sure I found four parts. Might be more, don't know.
xy_joint_left_lower_MGN12.stl
xy_joint_left_upper_MGN12.stl
xy_joint_right_lower_MGN12.stl
xy_joint_right_upper_MGN12.stl

Last edited:
For the MGN12 conversion on the X you need to change the XY joints (since it has a cutout for the rail) and the X carriage (sounds like you’re going to tap). Remember to print the rail center guides as well for the MGN12.

Thanks so much. That’s the answer I was hoping for. I just thought of the MGN12 center guides this afternoon, so I’ve got 2 of them printed. I’ll get the 4 XY joint pieces printed tomorrow.