What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Request for Filament Dryer Recommendations

EvilleRock

Hi All.

I just bought a Filament Dryer (Creality Space PI Filament Dryer). The % RH display is stuck on 15%, so I'm going to return it. I'm wondering if there is a better dryer out there for me. I think I need the 70 degree C for ASA and I like to be able feed the filament directly from the box. Does anyone have a recommendation for a better Dryer? TIA

I bought this Cabinet on amazon for $90 and it holds about 33 rolls of filament and these Lights for $45 that keep it warmer than ambient. I keep all the little baggies of desacant I get and throw them in there too. Not really sure how well it dries because I never noticed moisture issues with PETG or PLA which is all I print. This could just be because my location and house and whatnots. filament cabinet.jpg

I recently bought the Polymaker Polydryer.

I can have multiple boxes with filament to keep them dry. And then just put those boxes on the dryer. That I like :) Also because my printer is inside a closet, this allows me to easily swap it out.
The loud beeping when you turn it on is annoying.

I bought a food dryer which is round in shape and has 9 trays each 3cm high. I modified it so it is basically a tall silo inside which I can stack rolls of up to 2.5 kg flat on top of each other. It reaches 70 degrees in summer but in winter it is a bit lower. However it does what I want and I generally run it a day before I know I am going to use a filament that is either old or is especially hygroscopic. My nylon never gives me any trouble since I bought this food dryer some years ago.
It is a Rohnson R291 and costed me about 50 euro if I recall correctly. It fits 6 small rolls, 4 normal rolls and three large rolls at one time. You cannot feed the filament from it but in my situation I do not need to.