What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Same bed, same material, same mesh but always a different first layer

kirkmen

Printer Model
Voron V2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 1
Cooling Type
Afterburner
I have a Voron V2.4 here with a Voron Stealthburner toolhead.
First of all, my problem is, why do you have to import the bed mesh manually, why isn't it automatic? He can do the print bed leveling on his own, so why do I have to spend time doing the mesh myself? Is there a way to generate the mesh automatically?

Regardless of the fact that calibrating the printer is more complicated than it should be, the first layer NEVER looks the same.
Sometimes it's perfect, sometimes the hot end is too close to the bed, sometimes the hot end is too far away from the bed.

I always use the same material, the same GCode and the same bed mesh. Does anyone know this problem?

Is this printer even suitable for prototyping or is it more suitable for hobbyists?

What probe are you using? And are you using the physical z endstop?
If you are using physical z endstop OR tap please make sure there are no resedue on the nozzle tip while probing.

First of all, my problem is, why do you have to import the bed mesh manually, why isn't it automatic? He can do the print bed leveling on his own, so why do I have to spend time doing the mesh myself? Is there a way to generate the mesh automatically?
I'm not sure what you are asking, but you have these options:
* Run a mesh before each print.
* Run a mesh once, save it under a name and load it in your print_start macro. I have saved different meshes that I load depending on bed temperature. I did them a few month back. Though when I print something big I re-do the mesh before the print.
* Don't do mesh and live with it.

Is this printer even suitable for prototyping or is it more suitable for hobbyists?
It's a project, takes a while to set everything up but then it should be solid. My first layer are good. I can print PLA, ABS on smooth sheet or textured. All without changing anything by hand.

I use PCB klicky, physical z endstop and auto z script. But tap or klicky as endstop should also work as well.

BED_MESH_CALIBRATE

yeah, quant gant is very important. I don't have my PRINT_START in front of me, but from memory I do something like this:

Home
heat bed
QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL
brush nozzle
home z <- important after QGL
the auto z script <-- of course only do that if you use klipper auto z. Not needed with tap
BED_MESH_CALIBRATE <-- will do the mesh and safe it as default

True it is better to do it each time and I use a Beacon and KAMP so it takes less than 30 seconds to mesh it twice.
If you want to save time, save it. If you want to run it each time, add it to the print_start.