What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Smooth PEI and Voron TAP

skelos

I am considering replacing the stock PEI sheet on my Voron printer.

Initially, I was ready to purchase the HoneyBadger P-Series smooth sheet. However, I received advice against using Voron TAP with it.

Could you please suggest a good smooth PEI alternative that is compatible with Voron TAP?

Mueller PEI and OSEQ. For Mueller PEI you need a spring steel sheet on which to apply this PEI. OSEQ is a double-sided one piece sheet.

Yah, while I love TAP, it does seem to limit bed plate choices a bit :(

I have all HoneyBadger P-Series on my X1C carbons and love them (the dual sided w/ textured & smooth), they are fantastic. I wanted to get one for my 2.4 and came across the same info.

Not really sure what I want to do, although maybe I'll just print smooth stuff on my other printers and leave it at that. I'll check out what pajtaz mentioned as well. Thanks

Sorry, noob question; why?
Reason for asking is the Tap seemed like the best option when doing my homework for a 2.4 build.
The problem is smooth PEI. Tap force is 700 to 1300 kg depends of magnets that y are using. That force may damage smooth pei.
I was looking HoneyBadger P-Series smooth sheet and fabeco says that is not recomanded with TAP.

Keep in ming the stronger the magnets are , acceleration raises

I am looking for smooth PEI that can rezist this force.

Yah, while I love TAP, it does seem to limit bed plate choices a bit :(

I have all HoneyBadger P-Series on my X1C carbons and love them (the dual sided w/ textured & smooth), they are fantastic. I wanted to get one for my 2.4 and came across the same info.

Not really sure what I want to do, although maybe I'll just print smooth stuff on my other printers and leave it at that. I'll check out what pajtaz mentioned as well. Thanks
find anything?

The problem is smooth PEI. Tap force is 700 to 1300 kg depends of magnets that y are using. That force may damage smooth pei.
I was looking HoneyBadger P-Series smooth sheet and fabeco says that is not recomanded with TAP.

Keep in ming the stronger the magnets are , acceleration raises

I am looking for smooth PEI that can rezist this force.
You might look at Glass/Mirror or FR4 especially if you turn up the speed on the prints and preprint routines. I use FR4 for ABS all the way to PEEK/Ult. YMWV, but since TAP is already a go, changing sheet products is mostly about securing the new build sheet than anything else.