What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Still knocking prints over

Laserbea4k43

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 350
Extruder Type
Galileo
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Was in the middle of printing a Temp Tower in Orca and on the beginning of the fourth level I started rubbing, I guess and watched the tower get knocked over.
I googled and found a thread which lead to this suggestion.
In the 2nd-to-last paragraph, there's mention of Z-lift and retraction. I tried it and everything seemed great, I made it 2 levels higher, but still knocked the print over.
I've had this problem for a long time. I could add a brim(the tower is already on a brim by default), but I'd like to do away with the problem as much as possible and not have to completely rely on a brim.

I've tried getting the equivalent settings down in Orca as best I could. None of these settings were enabled before this attempt:
1728796566807.png

Could someone help me figure this out?

Here are my cooling settings, just in case they're a factor:
1728796731276.png

From left to right, my temp towers kind of progressed with Z-hop
3rd is .4 4th is .8, it seems if I get to the higher towers, it’s luck…

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    804.4 KB · Views: 3
I’m at 50mm and the weird globing is happening. Must be from wiping/rubbing, but I don’t hear any collision with the tool head.
Got this one on a megabrim…..

I see now….
Layer shifting at about 40mm
odd... the last print was 90mm with no shifting, just that glob around 50mm

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpeg
    IMG_0452.jpeg
    549.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I am a little confused on what is happening here. Seems like you are getting layer shifts.
Is your stepper drivers over heating? What cooling do you have for them and have you tried other drivers besides 2209's?

I am a little confused on what is happening here. Seems like you are getting layer shifts.
Is your stepper drivers over heating? What cooling do you have for them and have you tried other drivers besides 2209's?
Looks like we're picking up where we left off in this old thread...
Is your stepper drivers over heating?
I'm not sure. Can I monitor those before I get warnings? I haven't gotten any warnings in a little while.
What cooling do you have for them
Just to 2 fans blowing in from the side of the skirts. Standard Voron...
have you tried other drivers besides 2209's?
No, I haven't. Got recommendations for Stepper Online 17HS19-2004S1 and Octopus Pro V1.01 with 2209s from my old FYSETC Spider?

Some tuning needs to be done, but I’m up and running again. No shifts! 🤗
I ran into some problems along the way - needed to recrimp my extruded thermistor and my gear ratio was still setup for CW2 ( THANKS FOR RECOGNIZING THAT @shiftingtech !!!)
I’ll run a few tests before I mark this as solved..
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpeg
    IMG_0457.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 0