What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Sudden and extreme overextrusion

Vicknair

I recently had to setup my V2 from scratch after I accidently deleted an important directory and effectively bricked my Pi 5. Luckily I had all my config files backed up so it was just a matter of reinstalling everything and uploading my config files. But the first print I tried after doing that failed spectacularly. I started to hear rough dragging/grinding of the nozzle over the print and immediately canceled the print. It was over extruding so bad that the print looked like alligator skin. I checked my flow settings in the slicer and it wasn't grossly out of whack and the flow control in fluidd was untouched also. What is odd is that it didn't appear to be overextruding at the beginning of the print but suddenly got really bad about 2 hours in. I am kind of at a loss. Something changed between me bricking the Pi and this latest print but I am struggling to figure out what. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions I am all ears.

TIA

Attachments

• OVErExtRuSioN.jpg
    OVErExtRuSioN.jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 5
Couple things I would try.
A different model?
A different slicer?

I can't think why it would happen a couple hours into a print.

Well I think I know what happened, and I feel dumb for not realizing this. I was printing with abs and I forgot to clean my bed and apply magigoo and I bet it was curling up as it prinited. That is the only thing that I can think would explain this, afterwards I printed a small flat test cube having cleaned the bed and applied adhesive, it came out perfect. I then went back and printed the part I was trying to print and had no issues either. So the lesson is: remember to clean your beds children!

Well I think I know what happened, and I feel dumb for not realizing this. I was printing with abs and I forgot to clean my bed and apply magigoo and I bet it was curling up as it prinited. That is the only thing that I can think would explain this, afterwards I printed a small flat test cube having cleaned the bed and applied adhesive, it came out perfect. I then went back and printed the part I was trying to print and had no issues either. So the lesson is: remember to clean your beds children!
Yeah I saw and replied to your post on Discord.