What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

SuperSlicer development?

So, as with most of you I am sure, I use and love SuperSlicer for my Vorons. I noticed there hasnt been a new release of SS since September. With PS adding the organix supports and seeing folks get really good results I was hoping to see that with SS. Is SS not being developed anymore or am I looking into it too much?

Also, side question, the surface finish from Supports in SS has always, for me, been trash. Anyone have tips on getting nicer surface finish on top of supports so there isnt as much clean up?

I don't like the supports in SS and if I need them I use Prusa or Cura.
As far as development, whoever forked the slicer is doing it for free so who knows if and when it will get updated. I suspect it will at some point but no one knows when this will be.

I don't like the supports in SS and if I need them I use Prusa or Cura.
As far as development, whoever forked the slicer is doing it for free so who knows if and when it will get updated. I suspect it will at some point but no one knows when this will be.
Glad I am not the only one with SS support issues. I am going to try these PS Organic supports. moved my SS config over to PS (at least as much as they allow) so hopefully the quality isnt too much different.

Glad I am not the only one with SS support issues. I am going to try these PS Organic supports. moved my SS config over to PS (at least as much as they allow) so hopefully the quality isnt too much different.
I've been considering PrusaSlicer, what don't they allow?

Its less what they dont allow, and more what SS builds upon over PS. The SS github has all the additions over PS. SS is simply what I started with on my Voron over Cura, so its all I ever used.

Its less what they dont allow, and more what SS builds upon over PS. The SS github has all the additions over PS. SS is simply what I started with on my Voron over Cura, so its all I ever used.
I came from Cura to SS for the speed and the fact that so many people use it, it's easier to learn. But I'm guessing it'll eventually fall behind, I'd contribute if I knew enough about 3D printing.

SS just takes PS and adds more tuning parameters. I've been using SS for a while, but can really use the new supports features in PS. Since my tuning has somehow gone out the window, I'm starting over from scratch so I think I'll move back over to PS. At least until SS incorporates the latest version updates in PS.