What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Tap Triggered in Mainsail when using SB Nozzle LEDs

touchmysacco

I've just moved to the stealthburner with a hartk 2-piece PCB and TAP (using the v2.4.1 PCB), and I'm running into a weird issue.

When I have my nozzle LEDs set to anything other than off, the probe shows as triggered. I thought it might be the light interfering with the optical sensor, but the LED indicator for the tap remains red, even when Mainsail claims it's triggered.

I've recrimped both ends of the probe and LED wires in case it was a loose connection.

For reference:
  • I am using 24v to the Tap PCB, but this is the new board that's supposed to be 24v safe. It's hooked up identically to the inductive probe setup (I still have the diode on the board), and it's wired to PG15 on an Octopus 1.1
  • The stealthburner LEDs are controlled via the "stealthburner.cfg" file, and is connected to the neopixel pin on the Octopus board
  • The TAP works perfectly fine when the LEDs are off (~0.003 std deviation)

I feel like I'm ODing on stupid pills, so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'll attach both configs as .txt files and an image of the mainsail console showing the issue.

Thanks

Attachments

• Voron Tap Issue.png
    Voron Tap Issue.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
  • printer.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 10
  • stealthburner.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 7
Could be something with shared ground. I don't remember but I think there is a certain way to wire TAP that is odd. If I can remember, I will look at mine when I get home tonight to compare.

I have been having the same issue since adding TAP in April as well, temporarily just disabled nozzle LEDs during homing and QGL. However in the last 24 hours the problem has suddenly gotten worse to where the SB Logo LED also has to be turned off. In my case I'm using 5v via a Hartk 2-piece Stealthburner PCB.

I have been having the same issue since adding TAP in April as well, temporarily just disabled nozzle LEDs during homing and QGL. However in the last 24 hours the problem has suddenly gotten worse to where the SB Logo LED also has to be turned off. In my case I'm using 5v via a Hartk 2-piece Stealthburner PCB.
If I remember correctly, I resolved my issue by fixing some wiring. I can't remember what exactly I did, but it had something to do with where the V- and GND from the HartK board gets landed. Where do you have your V- and GND wired to? I'll double check mine tomorrow and update this comment.

That sounds similar to the issues some of us have when swapping the logo to the Rainbow Barf PCB. I found this thread helpful. After adding the 220 ohm resistor in the signal everything works normally for me.