What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question TPU print extrusion issue after a few layers

lord-carlos

I print at 30mm/s with no retractions. The first few layers look decent, but later on you can see it's almost like it's getting clogged or can't extrude enough.
But only on one side, and after switching to the next layer it starts out great again.

It's a no name TPU. I think I run it at 220C, slightly above recommended from the packaging.
1722512801258.png
1722512826379.png
1722512911297.png

voron 2.4 with Afterburner and clockwork1

Mhh, because the TPU was iffy through my reverse bowden I fed it through the front door. I think my trouble is that it could not extrude everytime the extruder went to the back, away from the spool. I'm going to tighten the extruder screw thingy, slow a bit more down and try to work on how I hook the spool up.

Bought a fresh roll of TPC, a bit softer.
First simple test indicate it prints much much better. There must be something wrong with my old roll of TPU. Even though I dried it, I might have to dry it even more, or with more heat. Or maybe it's .. somehow "not good" any more?

I'd try drying it extra long as a first step. Some people call PETG the devil's filament, but it's just a pretender. TPU is the devil's filament.