What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Trident 4 all mobility?

Ciao!
I'm Daniele from Italy and I'm a 'Manifesting Mechanic'. An Open Source Movement brings me here.
I'm thinking about building a Trident 350.
I need to be able to print and test super-polimers materials.
The bed can reach 110/120°C and so the chamber?
Belts and electronics doesn't melt?

Anyone have other suggestions?

With profound gratitude 🙏
Daniele MM

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. VORONs are great ABS/ASA printers, with some additional effort like insulation and air circulation, you should be able to print PC blends reliably. It is NOT a high temperature printer, selected components are good for around up to 80 degree Celsius. We strongly discourage/forbid discussion about additional sources of chamber heating needed to print engineering polymers. It's stated also in documentation: https://docs.vorondesign.com/sourcing.html#chamber-heating

I m afraid if you are looking to print engineering materials, your kit from Aliexpress for 1000 Eur won't be able to do that. If you have such business need, I am sure your organization or employer can justify cost of proper industrial printer suitable for these materials.

If ABS, nylons and PC blends are OK, VORON is more than capable to do that :)

When you say "super-polimers", are you thinking about engineering-grade materials like PEEK, PEKK, and so on? If so, I hate to be that guy but a Voron isn't the printer you are looking for.

@Sanity Agathion , @vinnycordeiro thank you so much for your reply 🙏

I mean nylon carbon, PBT carbon etc.

In my desire, 3d printing can change the way we approach stuffs, in a new and decentralized way.
I'm not here to build a cheap 3d printer bymyself but for evolve together in something that can useful for humanity.
This is what I feel to support.
And Voron community can be part of this path.

🙏

@Sanity Agathion , @vinnycordeiro thank you so much for your reply 🙏

I mean nylon carbon, PBT carbon etc.

In my desire, 3d printing can change the way we approach stuffs, in a new and decentralized way.
I'm not here to build a cheap 3d printer bymyself but for evolve together in something that can useful for humanity.
This is what I feel to support.
And Voron community can be part of this path.

🙏
Nylon can be printed on a Voron already, if you take some measures beforehand to increase your chances, don't know about PBT as 3d printing filament (my only experience with it is with mechanical keyboard keycaps).

You have some nice objectives there, but remember that in the end a 3d printer is just a fancy glue gun controlled by a computer.

Nylon can be printed on a Voron already, if you take some measures beforehand to increase your chances, don't know about PBT as 3d printing filament (my only experience with it is with mechanical keyboard keycaps).

You have some nice objectives there, but remember that in the end a 3d printer is just a fancy glue gun controlled by a computer.

"but remember that in the end a 3d printer is just a fancy glue gun controlled by a computer."
I want to explore the real Potential of the 3d printing, and as you can see it isn't only a funny toy. Thisis a pic. of the first 3d printed cargobike frame that can carry everywhere people with disabilities. Now I'm working on an amazing open source project to print&assamble wheelchairs everywhere in the World.

I see 3d printing as a new form of freedom, and I'm on the path to unlocking its Potential.
I would love to co-create a new open source movement with the aim of moving 1 billion people with these technologies.

You will see soon interesting updates =)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 08.11.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 08.11.25.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 5