What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Troubleshooting and tuning printer for printing Voron parts

le_chiffre

Hi, I'm new to 3D printing. I have an old V2.2 (I built it and never used it) and I'm trying to print parts to full upgrade it to V2.4.
I started with the Z Drive and this are my poor results. Can you help me to diagnose the most obvious problems?

Some additional, maybe useful, information:
  • I'm using a bowden Mobius extruder with a E3D v6 hotend.
  • The spool of ABS used has been open and outside its dry bag for a year.
Final question. Do you think this parts are "functional enough" for a printer, or I should ban them from the face of the Earth?

PXL_20221226_113701810.jpg

PXL_20221226_120010122.jpg

PXL_20221226_120040249.jpg
PXL_20221226_120131659.jpg

PXL_20221226_120253472.jpg

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Attachments

• PXL_20221226_113733060.jpg
    PXL_20221226_113733060.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20221226_113739954.jpg
    PXL_20221226_113739954.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 3
I am not sure if it's the camera or some of them are a bit warped, but overall they look useable. Maybe a bit overextruding, just a tiny bit. I would say they are good to go, just checked if they are not warped too much especially in places where they go against other part.

I also think they should be usable if both halfes are matching and fit together.
I would check if the bearings and that the bolts fit.

I am not sure if it's the camera or some of them are a bit warped, but overall they look useable. Maybe a bit overextruding, just a tiny bit. I would say they are good to go, just checked if they are not warped too much especially in places where they go against other part.
Yeah, I have some warping in a couple of parts. The warping is present "at the same side" in all those parts. Like, the warping is always present at the left side of the parts that were printed at the left zone of the bed.
Any other observations? In the second picture, the rightmost holes looks weird. Maybe I should speed up the part's fan?
Thank you

I bet you should toss that filament or try and dry it. But like others have said, as long as the parts fit they might be usable. Just sand the parts that are not flat.

Yeah, I have some warping in a couple of parts. The warping is present "at the same side" in all those parts. Like, the warping is always present at the left side of the parts that were printed at the left zone of the bed.
Any other observations? In the second picture, the rightmost holes looks weird. Maybe I should speed up the part's fan?
Thank you
Maybe uneven heating on the bed, maybe try to print one part completely on the right side an check if it has the same distortions.

I would just make sure that the parts for the A/B drive at the gantry are completely straight, else it gets painful to get the gantry square.