What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question UART with RPi4 and Spider v2.3

beepboop

I am attempting to connect a Raspberry Pi 4 to Spider v2.3 .

I have been able to upload firmware.bin by sd card and observed it changed to "old.bin", I have been unable to connect by UART or USB method.

I have attempted several variants of the same documentation:
https://github.com/FYSETC/FYSETC-SPIDER/blob/main/Spider Klipper Firmware Guide.pdf
https://wiki.fysetc.com/Spider/#2-serial-on-usart1-pa10pa9

On the last attempt to changed the configuration from 32k bootloader offset to "No Bootloader" with UART, but it did not make a change.

I am unable to figure out how to put this board into DFU setup, there doesn't appear to be any label or documentation on where they've put the "BT0" pin.

Lost how to further troubleshoot this. Any help appreciated!

ls -l /dev/ttyAMA0crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 204, 64 Nov 5 13:23 /dev/ttyAMA0

Attachments

• message.txt
    5 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20231105_213324123 - Copy (2).jpg
    PXL_20231105_213324123 - Copy (2).jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 15
flashing this board can be a pain, im still not sure i understand it, but i got mine working, here is the pin you are looking for
1699468812330.png

Thank you! This photo is incredibly helpful and I now have my controller communicating with the Raspberry Pi. Did you run into any issues with your display? I have it lit but no text.

2.jpg

I figured it out. The A/B stepper drivers had extra jumpers installed that shouldn't have been there for the 2209. Fixing my A/B steppers fixed the display.

I figured it out. The A/B stepper drivers had extra jumpers installed that shouldn't have been there for the 2209. Fixing my A/B steppers fixed the display.
Thank you! This photo is incredibly helpful and I now have my controller communicating with the Raspberry Pi. Did you run into any issues with your display? I have it lit but no text.

View attachment 3464
As a result, we set up there is the same jumper board found, but not USB, not UART connection failed. What parameters did you use in make menuconfig? I have no confidence in bootloader. How can I test it?