What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

UnKlickyBolt?

VenMod

Been enjoying the Voron ecosystem since building a V0 with my sons. I am now starting a V2 build and have been collecting the mods that I want to do during the build. The Klicky concept really resonated with me and I have built one for the V0, both to build knowledge and to be able to switch build plates without worry. As I looked at the V2 mods, the other that was very apealing was the sexbolt mod. It got me thinking that maybe I could UnKlicky the mod to make it even simpler to put togehter. This is what I have come up with, but without a V2 to test it on, it is hard to tell if there is the repeatability needed for it to be used in place of a sexbolt. Electrically it does what it shoudl, but that is only half the battle. It is based on the Hartk form factor and uses 3 - 3x6 magnets and 1 - M3x12 screw. Ideally you would tap the hole for the M3, but could probably get by with screwing in a bolt to form the threads. The questions I have for the group are:
An attempt at putting this up on github​
- Would anyone be interested in testing this?​
Thanks,

Paul
PXL_20221120_190516633.jpgPXL_20221120_190510859.jpg

Last edited: