What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Unsatisfying First Layer Squish with new Filament

Durahl

Greetings!

I'm currently trying to setup Overture Royal Gold ABS but am having issues with getting a satisfying result from it...

Both the Extrusion Multiplier and the Pressure Advance Settings have been set to my liking resulting in the top Surface ending up about as smooth as it can get and perimeters nicely touching each other...
20230725_204729981_iOS.jpg
The Bottom Surface though looks quite frankly like ass with huge gaps I could already make out while they were laid down - An issue NOT present with any of my other Filaments ( usually either Fiberlogy or Dutch Filament ASA ) using the very same Z-Offset Settings.
20230725_204749994_iOS.jpg
Any idea how to solve this that wouldn't mess up the settings for my other Filaments ( lowering the Z-Offset for this Filament would ruin it for the others ) 🤔 🤨

( the Octagonal Pattern is one I find handy for checking how the Filament will scatter Light in particular for Ornamental Inlays )

Greetings!

I'm currently trying to setup Overture Royal Gold ABS but am having issues with getting a satisfying result from it...

Both the Extrusion Multiplier and the Pressure Advance Settings have been set to my liking resulting in the top Surface ending up about as smooth as it can get and perimeters nicely touching each other...
View attachment 2878
The Bottom Surface though looks quite frankly like ass with huge gaps I could already make out while they were laid down - An issue NOT present with any of my other Filaments ( usually either Fiberlogy or Dutch Filament ASA ) using the very same Z-Offset Settings.
View attachment 2877
Any idea how to solve this that wouldn't mess up the settings for my other Filaments ( lowering the Z-Offset for this Filament would ruin it for the others ) 🤔 🤨

( the Octagonal Pattern is one I find handy for checking how the Filament will scatter Light in particular for Ornamental Inlays
From personal experience I almost guarantee its wet filament. Gold in particular sucks up moisture so bad its as bad or worse than PC. You really have to print with it out of a dryer.

How is moisture supposed to affect what appears to be the need for a different Z-Offset for one particular ( brand new opened ) Filament that is otherwise printing without issues? 🤨

How is moisture supposed to affect what appears to be the need for a different Z-Offset for one particular ( brand new opened ) Filament that is otherwise printing without issues? 🤨
Not Z offset, but filament flow. It can flow differently thanks to additives. First layer there are 3 options - you are too high, or you are so low that there is very small gap for filament to go out and extruder has hard time pushing it (PETG does that). Third option is you print too fast.

Can you post your speeds and feeds? Just in case check this filament's profile whether you do not have different first layer flow or extrusion width.

Drying certainly would not hurt.