What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

update mainsail

steve/

Note to self: do NOT hit the update/upgrade Mainsail button when you have an old Version that is running two Ramps 1.4 meg 2586 boards, and have a raspberry pi camera and is working just fine. I said to self "do not do it." Yes I was the boy that would not leave the dog alone. Yes It crashed. Being an old old old man it took me 8 full days to get it back to where it is now running. There are new pin number in the printer.cfg file for the meg boards, there are new way to figure stepper motor distance, you name it, it all changed. Then getting the pi camera to work was 3 days. If I had to do it again I think I could maybe do it all in 3 days. To be fair this was not just mainsail problems as I was dealing with moonraker and klipper. and then github has done way with passwords and you have to use ssh for remote downloads. I think that was a day to figure out.
I sure know a lot more now then I did, Now if i could only remember it all tomorrow. HAHAHA

Note to self: do NOT hit the update/upgrade Mainsail button when you have an old Version that is running two Ramps 1.4 meg 2586 boards, and have a raspberry pi camera and is working just fine. I said to self "do not do it." Yes I was the boy that would not leave the dog alone. Yes It crashed. Being an old old old man it took me 8 full days to get it back to where it is now running. There are new pin number in the printer.cfg file for the meg boards, there are new way to figure stepper motor distance, you name it, it all changed. Then getting the pi camera to work was 3 days. If I had to do it again I think I could maybe do it all in 3 days. To be fair this was not just mainsail problems as I was dealing with moonraker and klipper. and then github has done way with passwords and you have to use ssh for remote downloads. I think that was a day to figure out.
I sure know a lot more now then I did, Now if i could only remember it all tomorrow. HAHAHA

is is why with other things I hate updating just for the sake of updating.

Hey good getting it fixed! This is why I don't like updating just for the sake of updating.

I always update as soon as I see them. This way if there is an issue it does not compound with other updates.
Also errors can be the best way to learn more. Sorry, I am an optimist 😇

LOL, I've done a couple of updates where my inner voice said "You probably shouldn't hit that update button." Then after the printer failed to start up said "See? I told you so! Why didn't you listen to me dummy?"

I always update as soon as I see them. This way if there is an issue it does not compound with other updates.
Also errors can be the best way to learn more. Sorry, I am an optimist 😇
Do you know the difference between an optimist and a masochist? Sorry, I don't have punchline. It just sounded like a good joke opening.