What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

V0 Simple Screen with the SKR e3 v3.0

Infestacool

Printer Model
v0.1
Hey

Has anyone had any success hooking up the V0 simple screen using the EPX1 ribbon cable to the skr v3.0?

I had it running fine with the SKR v2.0 but had a stepper driver fail and had to replace the board.

Hey

Has anyone had any success hooking up the V0 simple screen using the EPX1 ribbon cable to the skr v3.0?

I had it running fine with the SKR v2.0 but had a stepper driver fail and had to replace the board.
If you have it wired the same, the issue is most likely your firmware. If it has the wrong displayed selected in the firmware it will not work.

I can try updating the firmware if there are some instructions out there but I'm not sure this screen has a firmware. Here is the one I'm using and it says it doesn't have an mcu.
https://github.com/hartk1213/MISC/tree/main/PCBs/v0_simple_display

I think it may just be a limitation of the board. I've remapped th pins so they match the new pinout.

[display]
lcd_type: sh1106
click_pin: ^!PA15
i2c_bus: i2c1a
i2c_mcu = mcu
encoder_pins: ^PA10, ^PA9
kill_pin: ^!PD6
vcomh: 60
x_offset: 2

[neopixel display_led]
pin: PB5
color_order: GRB
initial_RED: 0.02
initial_GREEN: 0.0
initial_BLUE: 0.01

The neopixel is working but I'm getting this error when restarting Klipper: "Unknown i2c_bus 'i2c1a'"

I might have to bite the bullet and get the USB one if I want a screen.

I can try updating the firmware if there are some instructions out there but I'm not sure this screen has a firmware. Here is the one I'm using and it says it doesn't have an mcu.
https://github.com/hartk1213/MISC/tree/main/PCBs/v0_simple_display

I think it may just be a limitation of the board. I've remapped th pins so they match the new pinout.

The neopixel is working but I'm getting this error when restarting Klipper: "Unknown i2c_bus 'i2c1a'"

I might have to bite the bullet and get the USB one if I want a screen.
My suggestion of firmware was coming from my use of Marlin, not Klipper. So my comment in my first post really is of no help. Sorry.

It looks like from your link the answer maybe changing the wire connections. I hope that you find the answer.

sweet, I got it working. I found an old chat with hartk on discord who recommended setting it up with i2c using the Pi as the MCU.

I added the Pi as the mcu, ran a couple wires, and this config from discord and its working.

[display]
lcd_type: sh1106
click_pin: ^!PA15
i2c_bus: i2c.1
i2c_mcu = rpi
encoder_pins: ^PA10, ^!PA9
kill_pin: ^!PD6
vcomh: 60
x_offset: 2

[neopixel display_led
pin: PB5
color_order: GRB
initial_RED: 0.1
initial_GREEN: 0.0
initial_BLUE: 0.5

sweet, I got it working. I found an old chat with hartk on discord who recommended setting it up with i2c using the Pi as the MCU.

I added the Pi as the mcu, ran a couple wires, and this config from discord and its working.
Cool! Glad to hear you have it working. (y)

Hi there,
just had to replace the skr mini with a v3.0 and had the same problem with the display. Using the old look at the logs approach (after a lot of swearing) i found out that the name
for the i2c bus has changed from 'i2c1a' to 'i2c1_PB8_PB9' which is listed as 'BUS_PINS_i2c1_PB8_PB9=PB8,PB9' in the klippy logs.
Changing the display config to 'i2c_bus: i2c1_PB8_PB9' does the trick.

👋