What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Voron 0 Display Not Flashing

Secret_Finder

Printer Model
Voron 0
I have just gotten a Formbot Voron 0.2R1 kit as my first experiment with building a Voron.
I am attempting to flash the screen with Klipper as per the documentation but am being met with an error reading: Failed to flash to 0483:df11: Unable to find tty device. (see attached screenshot)
I can't figure out why this is happening or how to fix it.
Any advice on how to troubleshoot or fix this error would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2024-03-30_21h53_45.png
    2024-03-30_21h53_45.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 6
I have just gotten a Formbot Voron 0.2R1 kit as my first experiment with building a Voron.
I am attempting to flash the screen with Klipper as per the documentation but am being met with an error reading: Failed to flash to 0483:df11: Unable to find tty device. (see attached screenshot)
I can't figure out why this is happening or how to fix it.
Any advice on how to troubleshoot or fix this error would be greatly appreciated.

Are you in DFU mode?
you need the jumper installed when you flash

Here are my notes i use when i flash display / Klipper expander

Code:
Install the boot jumper and reset the board

sudo service klipper stop
cd ~/klipper
make menuconfig

Klipper Firmware Configuration
[*] Enable extra low-level configuration options
    Micro-controller Architecture (STMicroelectronics STM32)  --->
    Processor model (STM32F042)  --->
    Bootloader offset (No bootloader)  --->
    Clock Reference (Internal clock)  --->
    Communication interface (USB (on PA9/PA10))  --->
    USB ids  --->
    Optional features (to reduce code size)  --->
()  GPIO pins to set at micro-controller startup

make clean
make flash FLASH_DEVICE=0483:df11

Remove boot jumper and reset the board

dont blindly copy the flash device ID. you need to get your own with this command
Code:
dfu-util --list

what are you flashing? 0483:df11 would imply a screen with an stm32 chip, but your firmware compilation shows an rp2040. Which one is right?

Thank you for your advice, I seem to have missed changing the Micro-controller Architecture in Menuconfig. I'm not sure how I got that wrong but its flashed and working correctly now.
Thanks again