What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Voron 2.4R1 with Spider 2.2 Board - After first print homes X in wrong direction causing Klicky to fail

Printer Model
Voron 2.4R1
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hello all,

I have posted this on several other places including the FYSETC github. I have a FYSETC 2.4R1 kit with the Spider 2.2 Board; all FYSETC stock parts. I upgraded to Klicky probe, sensorless homing (just like my ratrigs) and running the latest klipper version. I have had this issue since the first start-up but sometimes I am having the tmc low voltage errors, and after a fresh power-up and first print the printer fails to home 75% of the time. The X axis will actually home in the wrong direction after the first print for some reason; and this causes a failure to pick-up the klicky and failure to print. When this happens, I have to do a forced power cycle of the AC power to get the printer to behave properly again.. once I power cycle everything it works fine again for another print.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if so what was the solution? I was considering that the X axis sensor less homing sensitivity setpoint was too low causing it to "make" before the motor even moves, but this in turn causes a hard bounce when it homes correctly and I have to dial it back down.

I would be worried about the TMC Low Voltage errors ... what stepper drivers do you have, what stepper motors, and can you upload your printer.cfg or at least parts with relevant configuration?
Sensorless is a beast of its own too.

Same here except X went the opposite way maybe twice, but homing y gets the low voltage error every time after the initial home from power on (unless I print one).
Also spider 2.2 with 2209s. Worked fine for a few weeks. I use kyleisah's sensorless macro. I was using it at 0.6 current. Once it started acting up I tried 0.4 to 0.9 with no fix.

Code:
[stepper_y]
##    Connected to Y-MOT (A Motor)
step_pin: PD8
dir_pin: PB12
enable_pin: !PD9
rotation_distance: 40
microsteps: 16
full_steps_per_rotation:200  #set to 400 for 0.9 degree stepper
#endstop_pin: ^PB13
endstop_pin: tmc2209_stepper_y:virtual_endstop
position_min: 0
##--------------------------------------------------------------------

##    Uncomment for 300mm build
position_endstop: 308
position_max: 308

##--------------------------------------------------------------------
homing_speed: 45  #Max 100
homing_retract_dist: 0
homing_positive_dir: true

##    Make sure to update below for your relevant driver (2208 or 2209)
[tmc2209 stepper_y]
uart_pin: PE15
interpolate: False
run_current: 0.8
hold_current: 0.7
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0
diag_pin: ^PB13 #sensorless
driver_SGTHRS: 130

Swap the wires for the motors and see if the error follows the wires, or stays in the same place. That would isolate the problem to the wires, the motor, or the drivers. (can also swap drivers).

Swap the wires for the motors and see if the error follows the wires, or stays in the same place. That would isolate the problem to the wires, the motor, or the drivers. (can also swap drivers).
Thanks, that makes sense. I tried it and, to my surprise, managed to print, home, start another print, etc. I'll see how reliable it is, but right now, it's magically fixed...ugh