What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron R2 350 Input Shaper Result

Nordlicht77

Printer Model
Voron R2 350mm
Extruder Type
Orbiter
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hello

I am a new owner of a Voron R2 350mm

I have the following components

Voron 2.4 Metal Parts
CHAOTICLAB CNC Voron Tap
Stealthburner
BIGTREETECH EBB SB2209
Octopus Pro H723

I'm having a little trouble understanding the Input Shaper Result correctly
Have watched this video

Can you give me a hint what else could be or is it alright

resonances_y_20230616_052428.png

resonances_x_20230616_052215.png

Greet
Nordlicht

Hello
Unfortunately I didn't get any further
I tried it now with a Portable Input Shaper (PIS).
The result looks like this
Do the pully screws have to be tight or loose
I am of the opinion that I have read slightly tightened

resonances_y_20230622_172205.pngresonances_x_20230622_171952.png

Hi
I now have a new frame from LDO where the slot nuts are very tight
You can hardly get the sliding blocks out again without dismantling the frame again
The input shaper now looks like this with EBB2209
resonances_y_20230911_191600.pngresonances_x_20230911_191347.png

Those acceleration values look appropriate for VORON 350. If you get X movement on measuring Y, your gantry may be slightly racked.

Hello
ok, I'll look again, but I think my axes_map wasn't correct
Before I had

axes_map: x,y,z

Now I have it like this

axes_map: z,-y,x

And now it looks like it's Z

resonances_x_20230914_134808.pngresonances_y_20230914_135022.png

Interested in what you did between the first and 2nd set of graphs? Basically, I'm trying to netter understand what is being indicated by a double peak in y .

I genuinely wish there were better resources in learning how to interpret these. In the 2nd graph, the jaggedness of the y peak looks like something (a bolt or two) is loose.

As far as the pulleys - they need to spin freely, so loose rather than tight but not so loose as for the bearings to wobble or rattle as that could give jaggedness like the 2nd set of graphs.

Your 3rd set of graphs doesn't look terrible, but the accelerations are very low. On my 350 v2, I get x > 10,000 and y >= 5000 and I think I can do better.

Attachments

• shaper_calibrate_x_anc.png
    shaper_calibrate_x_anc.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 28
  • shaper_calibrate_y_anc.png
    shaper_calibrate_y_anc.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 27
In the pictures from 1 post I measured it with BIGTREETECH EBB SB2209

In the 2 post I measured it with a Portable Input Shaper (PIS).

In post 3 I used the new frame from LDO where the nuts are very tight and measured with BIGTREETECH EBB SB2209

and in the last ones I just changed the mapping

axes_map: x,y,z

Now I have it like this

axes_map: z,-y,x

Where I hope it is correct
BIGTREETECH EBB SB2209

I would welcome more input shaper result with config information from other users
like Hotend whether Voron Tap Metal Parts
X axis made of metal or carbon
What do you have @tillin9

That graph from my 350mm v2-13458 is off an SB2040, Revo Voron Stealthburner, stock Y axis (standard extrusion). Everything besides my electronics is stock - I'm still running drag chains too, just putting the CANbus and endstop pod wires through the chains. All standard ABS (Hatchbox) parts.

Hi
It didn't give me any peace, so I've now installed the standard stealthburner again
So without CNC Voron Tap only with Omron
The result looks completely different
I was looking for the pick the whole time, unfortunately I couldn't find it

resonances_x_20230925_235538.png

resonances_y_20230925_235750.png

I checked all the screws again on the CNC Voron Tab Chaoticlab, the result remains as above
Maybe someone also has a Voron Tab Chaoticlab and can provide the results

Those graphs are very, very good - better than mine. I was able to get flawless parts with no ringing at slower speeds (~3-4000mm/s) I bet you probably could do better, maybe ~5-6000mm/s.

Are you doing anything that might explain why you have ~10 Hz higher than what I got on my 350mm?

As far as tap, especially CNC tap, I have seen elsewhere that a) tap is less rigid than standard and b) Aluminum tap can be less rigid than plastic + steel screws.
at roughly 14:50

Yeah the Chaotic Lab CNC Tap is not the most stable one. Mainly thanks to using only MGN7 rail instead of MGN9, and no stabilization on sides by magnets.