What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron BuzzLight - 2.4r2 350 Self-Sourced

Mxbrnr

Aug 7, 2023,
Starting my build log for the V2.4r2 350 that I have just started self-sourcing over the weekend. Choosing self-source because I did not like easily half of the included parts that came with any of the kits I have seen (Including Formbot, LDO, and Siboor), so I'm not going to spend the money for a box half full of parts that I would swap out and toss in the trash from the very beginning. Happy to receive any comments/suggestions about mods, upgrades, add-ons, tips for the build.

Currently in the process of tuning my V0.2 (A.K.A "Darth Voron") to start printing the functional parts. Color scheme will be that of Disney's Buzz Lightyear 😁, hence the name "Voron BuzzLight."
Here is the planned configuration:

Frame:
Toolhead:
Electronics
Heated Bed
Other Mods:
I will update this OP with links and additional info as it comes to me, and will of course add future posts as the build progresses.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW, that is a superb build to start with. I think I have all but the car hood style mod on my 2.4, oh and the aluminum X gantry.
Seems you are no stranger to printers. I look forward to seeing your progress.

All I can say is WOW, that is a superb build to start with. I think I have all but the car hood style mod on my 2.4, oh and the aluminum X gantry.
Seems you are no stranger to printers. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Thanks! I learned a TON from my Formbot V0.2 kit build. I am actually really glad I did that one before gunning for this big project.
I have been going back and forth on whether a CNC/CF X-gantry would be worth it, and have heard mixed opinions for sure. I think with the lightweight toolhead and the titanium backer (assuming I can attach it properly) it could be formidable by retaining more strength and rigidity than on its own, but still lighter weight than the stock extrusion. I guess we will see, I can always go back to stock if needed.

Thanks! I learned a TON from my Formbot V0.2 kit build. I am actually really glad I did that one before gunning for this big project.
I have been going back and forth on whether a CNC/CF X-gantry would be worth it, and have heard mixed opinions for sure. I think with the lightweight toolhead and the titanium backer (assuming I can attach it properly) it could be formidable by retaining more strength and rigidity than on its own, but still lighter weight than the stock extrusion. I guess we will see, I can always go back to stock if needed.
My understanding is there are some very nice options for the X beam coming out. If you head into the Armchair Engineering Discord you can ask those guys about them. I have seen some pics that made me drool.

Aug 11, 2023
Update

• Adding an inverted z-chain and filament cleaner to the mod list.
  • Adding Filament Runout module to the Electronics list.
  • Dropping plans for the Orbiter 2 extruder in favor of the Sherpa Mini; came to find out that the Orbiter 2 is a closed-source assembly proprietary to LDO, and that replacement parts for it can be hard to come by. Sherpa Mini is still open-source, uses a 3D printed frame, choice of extruder motor, and standard BMG components.
  • Adding the BMG RIDGA for the toolhead to be a part of the Sherpa Mini extruder.

Officially started the build last night with the first of the printed parts coming off my V0.2.
PXL_20230811_030720074.MP.jpg

Last edited: