What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Self sourced Trident 350 build

EBB36 is connected directly to octopus pro, and works perfect :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240107_224541772_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240107_224541772_HDR.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240107_230159106.jpg
    IMG_20240107_230159106.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 18
You can flash Octopus with enabled CAN instand of USB - you choose it when you set settingo for build klipper. And after that, octopus works like u2c, and you not need u2c any longer.

About TFT70 - screen works, touch still not. I have to work longer on it.

You can flash Octopus with enabled CAN instand of USB - you choose it when you set settingo for build klipper. And after that, octopus works like u2c, and you not need u2c any longer.

About TFT70 - screen works, touch still not. I have to work longer on it.

i was reading about why people prefer to use a dedicated u2c board like the btt u2c adapter for interfacing with the can extruder board like btt ebb36 and it was called "timer too close" just google it.

this video comments section mentions about this issue.

1704740700934.png

You can flash Octopus with enabled CAN instand of USB
now that this works and talks via CAN how can I flash klipper to it is it via some can communication with raspberry pi ?
this part is a bit hazy to me. is it via some python code I dont recall this but I rad something around it ?

RPi still use USB to communicate with octopus, CAN is used to communicate between EBB36 and Octopus :) Will try to write more tomorrow if you want. FOr now all works fine.

RPi still use USB to communicate with octopus, CAN is used to communicate between EBB36 and Octopus :) Will try to write more tomorrow if you want. FOr now all works fine.
when you have some spare time at hand do write about it
- how the communication happens between these devices
- how would you flash klipper to octopus when its on CAN
- also would like to know if you do encounter timer to close errors

How it's copnnected: 1704805317032.png
So EBB36 to Octopus Pro via CAN, RPi to Octopus via USB
Flashing works via USB. You have to set configuration in `make menuconfig` like this:
1704805447243.png
And works perfect. None of `timer to close errors`

is this plastic like string self retracting , is that from the lanyard ?
1705081661972.png

also your white parts looks super bright are they spray painted white ?

did you use esun abs+ for your voron parts. did you see any layer adhesion issues with esun abs+ prints ?

Yes, I have all parts from eSun ABS+, and no problems with layer adhesion. Soon I will start build v0.2, and I will use Fiberlogy ABS, becouse I want to try them onyx colour.