What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron v0.2 R1 Siboor Kit Build

mikehend

Finally broke down and purchased a Voron kit. Worked up from an Ender 3 bought Christmas 2022. I modified it with bed leveling which made me learn how to rebuild the Marlin firmware. I then added a raspberry pi for octoprint with camera and time lapse videos. The next logical step for me was to go to klipper and add better calibration for even better prints. This was fun but more improvements were needed. At this point I thought I have enough experience to do a Voron. So here I am. Starting small with the v0. Just got the box in today.
It is boxed very well. Came a couple days early as well. (Images below)

Plan is to do basically the base build with just a couple of enhancements initially.
I bought the large auxiliary fan for better cooling, Nevermore filter, klipper expander board, rainbow lights and a camera. I'll post my links where I got these as I install them.

IMG_0933.jpgIMG_0934.jpgIMG_0935.jpgIMG_0936.jpgIMG_0937.jpgIMG_0938.jpgIMG_0939.jpgIMG_0940.jpg

Started out today with prepping the linear rails.
4 of the rails are the same and one is different. All same size...
But this odd one is not as "smooth" as the others.
Hopefully this will not be a problem, but I will keep this in my mind if I have trouble with that axis.

IMG_0944.jpg

I would assume the odd rail is your X axis and may have a different preload. The other two will be your two Y rails and your Z rails. You want the best rail as your X and I know my LDO V0 kit included a different rail for that one.

I would assume the odd rail is your X axis and may have a different preload. The other two will be your two Y rails and your Z rails. You want the best rail as your X and I know my LDO V0 kit included a different rail for that one.
Thanks. My plan was to use this for X since that was the only single as well as it should be the easiest to change out if it isn't working well. Good to know there is supposed to be a difference though.

Started out today with prepping the linear rails.
4 of the rails are the same and one is different. All same size...
But this odd one is not as "smooth" as the others.
Hopefully this will not be a problem, but I will keep this in my mind if I have trouble with that axis.

View attachment 3843
The top rail says "Z1". This means it has a light preload. There should be less play in that rail. You would want this for the rail that holds the print head. The others are zero preload and they are more loose.