What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Want less CPAP noise? Consider this...

Durahl

Made the upgrade to CPAP a few weeks ago ( among other things ) and based on the YouTube Videos I was watching beforehand I was expecting a HUGE Racket ( well... a lot more than I'm experiencing 🤔 )

Anyway... It just so happens I have actually lucked out with some of my previous Design Decisions concerning the use of THICC™️ Acrylic Panels and encasing the CPAP Turbine into an as slim as possible but actual Housing for aesthetic reasons instead of just mounting it to something. Running the CPAP at 90% Fan Speed resulted in a below 65dB Noise Level while holding the iPhone with a dB Measureing App like less than 30cm away from the closed Front Door. Holding the iPhone at the same spot with the Door opened had it spike to above 75db making me consider plugging my ears with AirPods 🤣

So yea... Perhaps don't just put something on the Intake side of the Turbine like what Vez3D and Mammoth-3D do with their CPAP Mufflers but perhaps put something all around it and if your budget allows it go for thicker Acrylic Panels. I for one am using 4mm Cast Acrylic for the Top and Sides and a single piece 8mm Door for the Front ( just be warned though... THICC™️ = HEAVY™️ ).

Nice work, you mind sharing the files? Preferable step, i like to remix it for my micron