What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question What are the symptoms of a mis-wired extruder?

DanPin

When installing the EBB2240 with a Moons CW2 extruder motor, I had to change the connector to a 1.25mm.
I hope that I wired it correctly. I matched the pin locations between the old and new conector. But I don't know if that will give me the correct connections.
Moons labels the wires A,B,C,D, and the EBB2240 labels them A1 A1 B1 B2

I won't be powering it up for a few days, but would like to ask what I might see if the connections are wrong.
Will the motor simply run in the opposite direction, or will there be other possible symptoms if the connections are wrong?

Finally, will I be able to correct any mis-wire by changing the configuration file.

Thanks,
Dan

There are actually no universal standards for how those should be wired (as in wire colors), and board documentation can be confusing. There can be few symptoms depending on driver and possibly motor used. You can get either Klipper shutdown complaining about TMC driver having OpenLoad_A and OpenLoad_B (as in, open circuit) when trying to activate motor. Other times when you try to move it, it will shake, make ugly sounds and heat up. If you have correct windings, but just swapped wires, you can correct direction in config by adding ! in front of direction pin.

There are actually no universal standards for how those should be wired (as in wire colors), and board documentation can be confusing. There can be few symptoms depending on driver and possibly motor used. You can get either Klipper shutdown complaining about TMC driver having OpenLoad_A and OpenLoad_B (as in, open circuit) when trying to activate motor. Other times when you try to move it, it will shake, make ugly sounds and heat up. If you have correct windings, but just swapped wires, you can correct direction in config by adding ! in front of direction pin.

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to power up for the first time today.
Fingers Crossed....