What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

What macros necessary?

themosth8d

I have a 2.4 LDO kit that is upgraded with Tap and canbus. everything is working, i can move the tool head and have performed various calibrations but have not been able to start a print. i tried using the jonstek(?) print start macro but it fails the bed heat up every time due to unexpected rates. the calibration went flawlessly. additionally the STATUS_HEATING call out is unknown in his macro but dont know what that is. klipper is much harder than i anticipated.

what are the bare minimum macros i need to create?

I dont have a LDO kit, so ymmv..

You dont need a print_start macro to start a print. That macro is to help you set the start conditions that allow you to have a successful print including awesome things like like QGL, Axis zeroing, bed heating and stuff like that.. but you could do that all manually and then just print. My print_start macro is empty -- I do all that in the slicer start gcode.

My guess is you don't have your printer.cfg setup properly for your electronics. Maybe consult with your LDO kit documentation or the voron documentation about setting up your sensors and ports in your printer.cfg. https://docs.vorondesign.com/build/software/

I have a 2.4 LDO kit that is upgraded with Tap and canbus. everything is working, i can move the tool head and have performed various calibrations but have not been able to start a print. i tried using the jonstek(?) print start macro but it fails the bed heat up every time due to unexpected rates. the calibration went flawlessly. additionally the STATUS_HEATING call out is unknown in his macro but dont know what that is. klipper is much harder than i anticipated.

what are the bare minimum macros i need to create?
I recommend print_start and print_end macro. Some basic are in VORON repository, but people create their own and no macro is the same :)
Then you will need heating to 150 degrees before probing with Tap (it's in documentation).
Other useful macros are pause and cancel_print - mainsail has those basic built-in. M600 for color change is good too, but people override this with pause macro.. Filament load, unload and pre-heat printer which you can put on display are handy as well to have.

STAUS_HEATING is most probably from Stealthburner LED macro package, you can find it in Stealthburner Github repository. Include that file in your printer.cfg and it will change LED status based on activity.