What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Where can I buy a high quality voron 2.4 kit?

High quality, cheap, CNC parts... you need to make a choice, can't have everything. Also why CNC parts ? Unless you're making a very special build for a really high chamber temp there's absolutely no need for any metal part, the entire design ethos of these printers is you can print most of the custom parts. I think the above post shares enough links for you to have some food for thought.

High quality, cheap, CNC parts... you need to make a choice, can't have everything. Also why CNC parts ? Unless you're making a very special build for a really high chamber temp there's absolutely no need for any metal part, the entire design ethos of these printers is you can print most of the custom parts. I think the above post shares enough links for you to have some food for thought.
Compared with ABS+, most people will think that CNC will be better. It looks higher quality and better.:love:

Compared with ABS+, most people will think that CNC will be better. It looks higher quality and better.:love:
In some cases yes, but if you were to ask pretty much any Voron builder they will tell you different including myself. If your printer is dialed in the prints will look amazing and have better tolerances. All parts have been setup to be printed not CNC'ed so they tolerances will most likely be looser.

It's actually not recommended to use CNC parts instead of the printer ones.
  • The STLs that are provided by the Voron devs are sizes to take ABS shrinkage into account. Therefore, the pure dimensions in the STLs are a bit oversizes. If special care is not taken when creating the CNC parts, they will come out not in spec.
  • The flex of the plastic parts has been taken into account and is actually desired. The printer has been engineered with the plastic parts in mind. Using metal parts is not the design and recommendation.

In my opinion CNC parts are fine for Z but less desirable for the gantry. However some modified (for weight) parts for CNC do exist and aren’t bad options.

I'll recommend both MagicStudios and West3D! I really appreciated how customizable the V2.4r2 kit was through MagicStudios when almost everywhere else was out-of-stock of LDO kits, and the quality of the printed parts from West3D have been fantastic. I just completed* it and applied for a serial:

* as if the tinkering will ever be _actually_ finished...

In my opinion CNC parts are fine for Z but less desirable for the gantry. However some modified (for weight) parts for CNC do exist and aren’t bad options.
Yes, I recently saw someone on the market selling a voron R2 CNC aluminum V1.5 version. The weight is really light compared to the previous version, so that may be a good choice.

Many options but I used Fabreeko for both my V0 and V2.4 and I've been quite happy with them.

A quality kit, especially one with a Raspberry Pi included isn't what I would consider inexpensive/cheap cost wise, doubly so if you're looking at adding in CNC parts such as what Chaotic Lab offer.

I bought a LDO 300 kit for 2.4r2 and printed parts including skirts etc. from West3D. I don't regret it!

In all honesty if you want aluminum and have the money do it. But there are way less options that are good in that. But I would strongly suggest a normal one first.

I recently conducted some business with www.kb3D.com and couldn't be happier. They are great people to work with. Wanted to do business with West3D, but they never responded to my email or phone calls.

I recently conducted some business with www.kb3D.com and couldn't be happier. They are great people to work with. Wanted to do business with West3D, but they never responded to my email or phone calls.
Hi! I’m sorry we missed your calls or emails. We check emails frequently so I’m not sure what happened there. Calls are sent to our phones but it’s a VoIP system I’m still trying to figure out. I apologize for that, I hope you give us another chance in the future to earn your trust and support.

That said, KB-3D is great!

Hi! I’m sorry we missed your calls or emails. We check emails frequently so I’m not sure what happened there. Calls are sent to our phones but it’s a VoIP system I’m still trying to figure out. I apologize for that, I hope you give us another chance in the future to earn your trust and support.

That said, KB-3D is great!
Hi there. Thank you for responding. I did talk to a lady at your business who told me that she saw my email and said she would follow up. That did not happen.
That said, I was drawn to your business due to the videos you posted online, which I found very helpful. Kudos, and thank you for making those.
I did end up ordering a Pheatus Rapido hotend from you, so I did give you some of my business. The fact that you responded here shows care and concern for your customers. :cool: (y)