What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Wiring Chaoticlab CNC tap on Octopus pro

Hello all. Currently had an omron probe fail/burn on my voron 2.4 build. Decided to upgrade to chaoticlab CNC tap V2.

At the moment I can't figure out how to wire/ connect the sensor of the CNC tap? The PDF talks about v5 and v24

Questions
1. Can someone share what pin should I connect the sensor to on the board?
2. Can I use the same wire connection from the omron probe? The line currently has a diode.

1000006125.jpg
Board - Octopus pro V1
Chaoticlab CNC tap V2

I am still waiting on parts so haven't got that far yet... but check the wiring docs... Here

inductive_probe_diode_diagram.png

Also see this post and this

Last edited:
So based on the post the CNC tap sensor should be wired the same way it was wired for the omron inductive sensor with the Bat85 diode?

I don't have the CNC version, but my PCB Tap is wired up exactly like the OG inductive (and the Klicky after it). It doesn't care about the BAT85, mine is still there.

I believe the CNC tap V1 was powered with 5 volts, V2 can be powered from 5, 12 or 24 volts but the signal from both should be 5 volts, so the diode is not needed.

Using the diode will not cause any issues but you need to invert the signal in your config.
I think ! is invert, ^ tells the processor to use a pull up resistor, ~ use pull down resistor but I'm not sure... will see if I can find the info...

I think when using a diode you would need both as in: !^PIN_NAME (invert and use pull up on pin)...
Reference #1

Last edited:
Try without the pullup first. I don't need it on my setup. Mine is just plain old "pin: PG15" If that doesn't work, then try pull up and inverting as needed.

My understanding with the diode is to prevent power reversing down the line and frying the controller with the inductive probe, which apparently isn't a problem with the Tap or microswitch based probes. But don't hold me to that--most of the electronics are witchcraft to me.

Thank you all for the response. It worked on the same port with the diode. The only thing I need to do is invert the signal and everything is good to go.

Thank you once again.