What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

XYchanged

Keuning

Printer Model
Voron 2.4r
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I just finish building a Voron2.4r with a Octopus Pro and with a canbus and a tap. But i have a problem with the X and Y.
When i home the X axis the machine runs to the Y and when i want to home the Y axis he runs to the X axis.
I can not find what to change so it wil work on a normal way
Is there somebody who knows what to do, i already out of option's
I already changed to motors from A to B and from B to A bus this made not changes.

Here are the settings in printer.cfg
[stepper_x]
step_pin: PF13
Dir_pin: !PF12
enable_pin: !PF14
rotation_distance: 40
microsteps: 32
full_steps_per_rotation:200 #set to 400 for 0.9 degree stepper
endstop_pin: PG6
position_min: 0

[stepper_y]
step_pin: PG0
dir_pin: !PG1
enable_pin: !PF15
rotation_distance: 40
microsteps: 32
full_steps_per_rotation:200 #set to 400 for 0.9 degree stepper
endstop_pin: !PG9
position_min: 0

You probably have the motors switched. You can rewire them or just change the config and remember your motors are wired backwards. Since it looks like you've already done this, play around with the dir pin inversions (the ! in front means it's inverted) and see if you can get a configuration that works. Have your finger over the e-stop or power switch, of course.
See the diagrams here to help you guess which need to be inverted: https://docs.vorondesign.com/build/startup/

Stepper Motor Check​

To verify that each stepper motor is operating correctly, send the following command in the terminal:

STEPPER_BUZZ STEPPER=stepper_x

The STEPPER_BUZZ command will cause the given stepper to move one millimeter in a positive direction and then it will return to its starting position. (If the endstop is defined at position_endstop=0 then at the start of each movement the stepper will move away from the endstop.) It will perform this oscillation ten times. For some motors, we will verify direction again later, nowever ideally all motors will be running correctly at the end of this test. See the list below. Note, if you have trouble seeing what direction a motor is rotating, try adding a small sharpy mark on the pulley

Run this command for each of the motors:

stepper_xThe motor will rotate clockwise first, then back counterclockwise
stepper_yThe motor will rotate clockwise first, then back counterclockwise
stepper_zThe front left corner of the gantry moves up, then back down
stepper_z1The back left corner of the gantry moves up, then back down
stepper_z2The back right corner of the gantry moves up, then back down
stepper_z3The front right corner of the gantry moves up, then back down
extruderMovement: Direction will be tested later

Attachments

• V2-motor-configuration-guide.png
    V2-motor-configuration-guide.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 9