What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

300mm 2.4 aka "snowy"

happy_mfg.

while snowy is in her calibration stages.. i love build logs! so i will dig through some old pics a create a chronological build log of her! glad to see this forum materialize, discord moves so fast! its hard to keep up.

snowy is a self source build that started with me looking for something to do with unused 2020 misumi left over from a laser build i did years ago. not gonna lie this project has been hot and cold for like a year and a half so i have a mix of rev1 and rev2 and mods along the way.

start of assy. misumi frame, mandella roseworks bed

IMG_2390 by shaun s., on Flickr

i initially printed my parts out of esun abs+ and amazon basics dark gray abs. but i have started to transition over to KVP stellar black abs on the abs+ parts as i feel i am able to get a stronger part from the KVP abs. love the amazon basics abs! i noticed made in the usa on the packaging so i am sure its made by a big player in the us market... wish i knew who?

anybody recognize the spool? :unsure:

IMG_2672[1] by shaun s., on Flickr

had the ender dialed in for the build!

IMG_2434 by shaun s., on Flickr

free filament drier!

IMG_2444 by shaun s., on Flickr

Wow, what a beautiful build. How are you liking the honeybadger rails? I just ordered some for my V minion.

so far so good! i am olnly using the badger 12mm for the gantry rest are LDO. the stickier preload makes the toolhead feel more "solid"?...... might just be placebo tho 🤣

so far so good! i am olnly using the badger 12mm for the gantry rest are LDO. the stickier preload makes the toolhead feel more "solid"?...... might just be placebo tho 🤣
Yeah. I haven’t messed with any high preload or high precision rails yet, just the cheap ones that come with the ratrig mechanical kit. I’m looking forward to receiving mine and seeing how my input shaper graphs are effected. Also I’m super impressed (as always) with Fabreeko. I ordered the rails late last night and they shipped this morning (on Black Friday nonetheless!)

pic of under the hood! LDO motors, meanwell power supply, omron "genuine" ssr 🤣 ,BTT manta M8P w/CB1 and only the best ptfe wires available! linneo by way of KB3D. i custom made the harness for my layout... think it turned out nice! just a touch of rats nest to keep me humble :p

IMG_2674[1] by shaun s., on Flickr

Last edited:
***update!***

finished the stand earlier this year, i had it on wheels but there was too much movement. so i got some leveling casters from mr. bezos and now she is rock steady! havnt changed anything on the machine due to it printing so well! lol

IMG_3031 by shaun s., on Flickr