What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Bad calibration cubes and running out of ideas

HoloPuff

My cubes are really bad and I don't know what to do anymore.

Printer: V2.4 LDO 350mm with Revo 0.4mm nozzle, StealthBurner, Tap
Max acceleration set to 3000
Extruder rotation_distance has been calibrated and verified

Material: ABS (AMZ3D) gray
Left Cube: nozzle=240c, extrusion multiplier=1, cooling fan = 50%
Right Cube: nozzle=230c, extrusion multiplier=0.9, cooling fan = 100%

I also tried 250c and it looks the same. The bridge inside the cube is also really bad and came out as pretty much a blob.
What now? I've been meeting around with this printer for months. Replaced most of the printed parts, upgraded to tap and canbus, made sure everything is tight, gantry is squared, I can get a decent cube :(

Do I replace the hotend? I'm getting really discouraged here.

1680805014078.png

I would start wtih hardware and doublecheck if everything is tight, all the grub screws and belts okay. Then, did you follow the Tuning Guide step by step?

I just finished re-calibrating my printer after things went sideways and my cubes looked something like yours. I checked all the bolts again, even though I was pretty sure they were tight; I found a couple that might have been a bit loose and that resolved my Z wobble artifacts. I also threw out all my slicer settings and started from scratch with the Andrew Ellis ones as a baseline then ran through his calibration routine again. Now the printer is working beautifully.

I was seeing similar issues. A few things drastically rectified my issues (or at least a lot of them):
- Set proper pressure advance (did this using orca slicer's pressure advance calibration test print)
- Enable input shaper. Apparently I ran and saved input shaper calibration...but it wasn't actually enabled in my config via the [input_shaper] block being present.
- Properly tension belts -- not sure how much this one really helped me but I tensioned my belts using the gates app

This looks weird... looks more like slicer or extrusion issues. Does the fan really blow? It looks a bit undercooled. Or alternatively bad PA setting.

Doesn't ABS want little to no part cooling? Though the cubes don't look warped.
Heated bed helps too, didn't see any mention of it.
240°C first layer, 230°C for rest and 105°C bed, 20% cooling fan seems to be working for me with eSun ABS+ (my V2 parts on a Prusa 3).

ABS does require cooling, depending on your fans and ducting, 20%-60% is pretty average.

Sanity mention this, try a different slicer.
Something looks off with the settings.
Also your cooling looks bad. What Hotend is this and what fans are you running?